vscode-clangd; feature request

Дилян Палаузов via cfe-dev
clangd developers,

sorry, if this is not the right way to communicate my request.

Please suggest to add Objective-C and Objective-C++ to the language services to activate the vscode extension on. To achieve this package.json should read (at least):

        "activationEvents": [
                "onLanguage:c",
                "onLanguage:cpp",
                "onLanguage:objective-c",
                "onLanguage:objective-cpp"
        ],

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Andreas Ostermeyer

Re: vscode-clangd; feature request

Дилян Палаузов via cfe-dev
[hidden email]

Thanks for raising this, sent https://reviews.llvm.org/D57813 for review to fix this.

On Tue, Feb 5, 2019 at 12:30 PM Andreas Ostermeyer via cfe-dev <[hidden email]> wrote:
clangd developers,

sorry, if this is not the right way to communicate my request.

Please suggest to add Objective-C and Objective-C++ to the language services to activate the vscode extension on. To achieve this package.json should read (at least):

        "activationEvents": [
                "onLanguage:c",
                "onLanguage:cpp",
                "onLanguage:objective-c",
                "onLanguage:objective-cpp"
        ],

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Andreas Ostermeyer

Ilya Biryukov

Re: vscode-clangd; feature request

Дилян Палаузов via cfe-dev
Ilya,

Thanks for the info and involving me. This (D57813) does the trick for me and is what I’d suggested.

Regards,
Andreas Ostermeyer

On 6. Feb 2019, at 12:01, Ilya Biryukov <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

I literally transcribed your suggestion into code, many thanks for showing how to fix this!
We should soon land it and get the VSCode extension updated.

On Wed, Feb 6, 2019 at 12:30 PM Andreas Ostermeyer <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Done. The plugin version now reads 0.0.11 and works like expected. Thanks a lot.
May be the Marketplace Readme could now mention, too, that Objective-C language IDE features are also provided.
Regards to all. Awesome job.