stable version of clang and other questions

stable version of clang and other questions

Juan Carlos Martinez Santos
Hello cfe-dev,

1. I wonder if there is an stable version of clan, something different from the trunk. How I can get it?

2. There is an index or TOC for all the documentation in clang?

3. There is a document to collect the current options for clang and their use? I found some options available in the "Getting Started" web, but their are not visible in the help or help-hidden menu (-ast-print or -fomit-frame-pointer)

4.  Is there is a way to see the AST? I found the option to emit it, but I did not find any way to read or view it

Thanks in advance,

--
Juan Carlos

Re: stable version of clang and other questions

Marshall Clow
On Jan 6, 2010, at 12:59 PM, Juan Carlos Martinez Santos wrote:

> Hello cfe-dev,
>
> 1. I wonder if there is an stable version of clan, something different from the trunk. How I can get it?

Sure. It's called "the release" ;-)
http://www.llvm.org/releases/

Current release is 2.6, which was released about Halloween (23-Oct-2009)

-- Marshall

Re: stable version of clang and other questions

Pushkar Ratnalikar

 4.  Is there is a way to see the AST? I found the option to emit it, but I did not find any way to read or view it

You can use the -ast-view or -ast-dump(pretty-printed) option for viewing the AST.

for the stable release its "clang-cc -ast-dump <input.c>"

Regards,
Pushkar

On Wed, Jan 6, 2010 at 3:59 PM, Juan Carlos Martinez Santos <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello cfe-dev,

1. I wonder if there is an stable version of clan, something different from the trunk. How I can get it?

2. There is an index or TOC for all the documentation in clang?

3. There is a document to collect the current options for clang and their use? I found some options available in the "Getting Started" web, but their are not visible in the help or help-hidden menu (-ast-print or -fomit-frame-pointer)

4.  Is there is a way to see the AST? I found the option to emit it, but I did not find any way to read or view it

Thanks in advance,

--
Juan Carlos

Re: stable version of clang and other questions

Douglas Gregor

On Jan 6, 2010, at 12:59 PM, Juan Carlos Martinez Santos wrote:

Hello cfe-dev,

1. I wonder if there is an stable version of clan, something different from the trunk. How I can get it?

As mentioned by others, stable releases are here:

2. There is an index or TOC for all the documentation in clang?

No. All of the Clang documentation is at

3. There is a document to collect the current options for clang and their use? I found some options available in the "Getting Started" web, but their are not visible in the help or help-hidden menu (-ast-print or -fomit-frame-pointer)

 There isn't any documentation, although you can look at all of the options defined in include/clang/Driver/Options.td

4.  Is there is a way to see the AST? I found the option to emit it, but I did not find any way to read or view it

-ast-dump, -ast-view, and -ast-print.

- Doug

Re: stable version of clang and other questions

David Chisnall
On 6 Jan 2010, at 21:51, Douglas Gregor wrote:

>> 1. I wonder if there is an stable version of clan, something
>> different from the trunk. How I can get it?
>
> As mentioned by others, stable releases are here:
>
> http://llvm.org/releases/

Note that stable is a relative term, however.  A lot of the changes
since the last release have been bug fixes or implementing missing
features, so you may well be better off running trunk.

David

-- Sent from my IBM 1620

Re: stable version of clang and other questions

Juan Carlos Martinez Santos
Thanks for the replies.

I just have a question, how I can read the Options.td file?

Thanks in advance,

Juan Carlos

On Wed, Jan 6, 2010 at 4:51 PM, Douglas Gregor <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Hello again,

I found that the correct command is:

clang -cc1 -ast-view <input.c>

When I omit the -cc1 option, it does not work, why? Can someone tell me?

Thanks in advance,

Juan Carlos

On Jan 6, 2010, at 2:37 PM, Juan Carlos Martinez Santos wrote:

> Thanks for the replies.
>
> I just have a question, how I can read the Options.td file?

It's just a text file.

        - Doug