source file location in crash reports?

Zhanyong Wan (λx.x x)
Hi,

After we switched from clang-cc to 'clang -cc1', I noticed that the
crash message (when clang hits an assertion) no longer includes the
source file location of the symbol clang is parsing at the time of the
crash.  This makes it hard to find out which code snippet is choking
clang.

http://llvm.org/PR5793 has an example.

I wonder if this is related to the 'clang -cc1' switch and if it's
intended.  Can we get the old behavior back?  Thanks,

--
Zhanyong

Re: source file location in crash reports?

Daniel Dunbar
Fixed in ~r91537.

 - Daniel

2009/12/15 Zhanyong Wan (λx.x x) <[hidden email]>:

> Hi,
>
> After we switched from clang-cc to 'clang -cc1', I noticed that the
> crash message (when clang hits an assertion) no longer includes the
> source file location of the symbol clang is parsing at the time of the
> crash.  This makes it hard to find out which code snippet is choking
> clang.
>
> http://llvm.org/PR5793 has an example.
>
> I wonder if this is related to the 'clang -cc1' switch and if it's
> intended.  Can we get the old behavior back?  Thanks,
>
> --
> Zhanyong

Re: source file location in crash reports?

Zhanyong Wan (λx.x x)
Great.  Thanks!

2009/12/16 Daniel Dunbar <[hidden email]>:

> Fixed in ~r91537.
>
>  - Daniel
>
> 2009/12/15 Zhanyong Wan (λx.x x) <[hidden email]>:
>> Hi,
>>
>> After we switched from clang-cc to 'clang -cc1', I noticed that the
>> crash message (when clang hits an assertion) no longer includes the
>> source file location of the symbol clang is parsing at the time of the
>> crash.  This makes it hard to find out which code snippet is choking
>> clang.
>>
>> http://llvm.org/PR5793 has an example.
>>
>> I wonder if this is related to the 'clang -cc1' switch and if it's
>> intended.  Can we get the old behavior back?  Thanks,
>>
>> --
>> Zhanyong

Zhanyong