result type of operator ==

Jochen Wilhelmy
Hi!

if I have two vectors (e.g. ext_vector_type(4)) what is the result type of
a == b?

is it a bool or a vector of bool or not allowed?

-Jochen

Re: result type of operator ==

Eli Friedman
On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 1:18 PM, Jochen Wilhelmy <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> if I have two vectors (e.g. ext_vector_type(4)) what is the result type of
> a == b?
>
> is it a bool or a vector of bool or not allowed?

None of the above; it's actually an integer vector with the same
element width and number of elements as the operands, with each
element set to all ones for true and all zeros for false.

-Eli