introducing cgrep, a cgrep-like tool for C-family language files

introducing cgrep, a cgrep-like tool for C-family language files

suyash singh via cfe-dev
Hi,
I would like to announce cgrep, a grep-like tool for C-family source files.
It basically lets you regex-search through C-family source files for
specific AST nodes. So for example you can search for member functions
that have "[Rr]un" in their name.
Currently Linux and Cygwin builds are supported.
Supported LLVM/Clang versions are 5,6,7,8,9 and 10.
Feature Requests/Suggestions are very welcome.
Here's the link:
https://github.com/bloodstalker/cgrep
--
Farzad Sadeghi
project mutator-https://github.com/bloodstalker/mutator

Re: introducing cgrep, a cgrep-like tool for C-family language files

suyash singh via cfe-dev
This looks pretty cool Farzad!  Would you be interested in merging it back to clang-tools-extras?  It would get a bit more visibility and exposure that way,

-Chris

> On Mar 10, 2020, at 10:26 PM, Farzad Sadeghi via cfe-dev <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
> I would like to announce cgrep, a grep-like tool for C-family source files.
> It basically lets you regex-search through C-family source files for
> specific AST nodes. So for example you can search for member functions
> that have "[Rr]un" in their name.
> Currently Linux and Cygwin builds are supported.
> Supported LLVM/Clang versions are 5,6,7,8,9 and 10.
> Feature Requests/Suggestions are very welcome.
> Here's the link:
> https://github.com/bloodstalker/cgrep
> --
> Farzad Sadeghi
> project mutator-https://github.com/bloodstalker/mutator

Re: introducing cgrep, a cgrep-like tool for C-family language files

suyash singh via cfe-dev
That would be very cool. Where should I start?

On 3/15/20, Chris Lattner <[hidden email]> wrote:

> This looks pretty cool Farzad!  Would you be interested in merging it back
> to clang-tools-extras?  It would get a bit more visibility and exposure that
> way,
>
> -Chris
>
>> On Mar 10, 2020, at 10:26 PM, Farzad Sadeghi via cfe-dev
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>> I would like to announce cgrep, a grep-like tool for C-family source
>> files.
>> It basically lets you regex-search through C-family source files for
>> specific AST nodes. So for example you can search for member functions
>> that have "[Rr]un" in their name.
>> Currently Linux and Cygwin builds are supported.
>> Supported LLVM/Clang versions are 5,6,7,8,9 and 10.
>> Feature Requests/Suggestions are very welcome.
>> Here's the link:
>> https://github.com/bloodstalker/cgrep
>> --
>> Farzad Sadeghi
>> project mutator-https://github.com/bloodstalker/mutator

Farzad Sadeghi
project mutator-https://github.com/bloodstalker/mutator

Re: introducing cgrep, a cgrep-like tool for C-family language files

suyash singh via cfe-dev
I’d recommend starting by creating an RFC for cfe-dev talking about what that would look like.  The clang-tools-extra folks could then evaluate and give you more advice.  Thanks!

-Chris

> On Mar 15, 2020, at 12:03 PM, Farzad Sadeghi <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> That would be very cool. Where should I start?
>
> On 3/15/20, Chris Lattner <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> This looks pretty cool Farzad!  Would you be interested in merging it back
>> to clang-tools-extras?  It would get a bit more visibility and exposure that
>> way,
>>
>> -Chris
>>
>>> On Mar 10, 2020, at 10:26 PM, Farzad Sadeghi via cfe-dev
>>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>> I would like to announce cgrep, a grep-like tool for C-family source
>>> files.
>>> It basically lets you regex-search through C-family source files for
>>> specific AST nodes. So for example you can search for member functions
>>> that have "[Rr]un" in their name.
>>> Currently Linux and Cygwin builds are supported.
>>> Supported LLVM/Clang versions are 5,6,7,8,9 and 10.
>>> Feature Requests/Suggestions are very welcome.
>>> Here's the link:
>>> https://github.com/bloodstalker/cgrep
>>> --
>>> Farzad Sadeghi
>>> project mutator-https://github.com/bloodstalker/mutator

> Farzad Sadeghi
> project mutator-https://github.com/bloodstalker/mutator

Re: introducing cgrep, a cgrep-like tool for C-family language files

suyash singh via cfe-dev
Ok, will do. Thanks.
Is there any specific format I should follow?
Somewhere I can look that up or I should just make a request on cfe-dev?

On 3/15/20, Chris Lattner <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I’d recommend starting by creating an RFC for cfe-dev talking about what
> that would look like.  The clang-tools-extra folks could then evaluate and
> give you more advice.  Thanks!
>
> -Chris
>
>> On Mar 15, 2020, at 12:03 PM, Farzad Sadeghi <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> That would be very cool. Where should I start?
>>
>> On 3/15/20, Chris Lattner <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> This looks pretty cool Farzad!  Would you be interested in merging it
>>> back
>>> to clang-tools-extras?  It would get a bit more visibility and exposure
>>> that
>>> way,
>>>
>>> -Chris

>> --
>> Farzad Sadeghi
>> project mutator-https://github.com/bloodstalker/mutator

--
Farzad Sadeghi
project mutator-https://github.com/bloodstalker/mutator

Re: introducing cgrep, a cgrep-like tool for C-family language files

suyash singh via cfe-dev
I’d take a look at other RFC’s on this list, e.g. a "clang rfc cfe-dev” google search.  There is no fixed format,

-Chris