how to test the flow of a program's execution using clang

how to test the flow of a program's execution using clang

kalyan ponnala
Hi,

I am using visual studio solution file of clang/llvm. I am trying to see the flow of execution of helloworld program when i say "clang -v helloworld.c":
- In which program do I have to put the breakpoints so that I can stop and see what the clang parser and lexer are generating ?

Thanks

--
Kalyan Ponnala
phone: 8163772059

Re: how to test the flow of a program's execution using clang

Eli Friedman
On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 12:57 PM, kalyan ponnala
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using visual studio solution file of clang/llvm. I am trying to see the
> flow of execution of helloworld program when i say "clang -v helloworld.c":
> - In which program do I have to put the breakpoints so that I can stop and
> see what the clang parser and lexer are generating ?

The -v output should have a line something like "/path/to/clang -cc1
-triple ..."; run that command through the debugger if you want to set
breakpoints in the lexer etc.

-Eli