extending liveness of 'this' pointer via FAKE_USE opcode

extending liveness of 'this' pointer via FAKE_USE opcode

Boris Kolpackov via cfe-dev
Hi Wolfgang,

I just watched your interesting talk at the LLVM meeting this year.

We have some related problem when we introduce new variables during
compile time.

Can you share some insight information how you have implemented FAKE_USE
and

are you planning to upstream your changes?

Thanks

Marcel

Re: extending liveness of 'this' pointer via FAKE_USE opcode

Boris Kolpackov via cfe-dev
Hi Marcel!

I will post a phabricator review for the patch (2 actually, since there's an llvm and a clang change) shortly. Not for immediate inclusion, but to allow anybody  to use it in their own codebase if they want, while perhaps starting a discussion for possible upstreaming. The feature hasn't been universally supported in the past.

-- Wolfgang