err_abstract_type_in_decl vs. Sema::AbstractDiagSelID

err_abstract_type_in_decl vs. Sema::AbstractDiagSelID

Robinson, Paul via cfe-dev
Hello

There might be an error:
http://llvm.org/viewvc/llvm-project/cfe/trunk/include/clang/Basic/DiagnosticSemaKinds.td?view=markup
err_abstract_type_in_decl message has selection of 6 choices
%select{return|parameter|variable|field|instance variable|synthesized
instance variable}

but associated
  Sema::AbstractDiagSelID has 7 valid variants
http://clang.llvm.org/doxygen/classclang_1_1Sema.html#tip

Thanks,
Vladimir.

Re: err_abstract_type_in_decl vs. Sema::AbstractDiagSelID

Robinson, Paul via cfe-dev
Reminder about a possible bug:
there is no choice in diagnostics for
Sema::AbstractDiagSelID::AbstractArrayType value

On 14.02.2017 02:59, Vladimir Voskresensky via cfe-dev wrote:

> Hello
>
> There might be an error:
> http://llvm.org/viewvc/llvm-project/cfe/trunk/include/clang/Basic/DiagnosticSemaKinds.td?view=markup
>
> err_abstract_type_in_decl message has selection of 6 choices
> %select{return|parameter|variable|field|instance variable|synthesized
> instance variable}
>
> but associated
>  Sema::AbstractDiagSelID has 7 valid variants
> http://clang.llvm.org/doxygen/classclang_1_1Sema.html#tip
>
> Thanks,
> Vladimir.

Re: err_abstract_type_in_decl vs. Sema::AbstractDiagSelID

Robinson, Paul via cfe-dev
On Sat, Mar 18, 2017 at 6:05 AM, Vladimir Voskresensky via cfe-dev
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Reminder about a possible bug:
> there is no choice in diagnostics for
> Sema::AbstractDiagSelID::AbstractArrayType value

I'm not certain that this is an issue. Sema::AbstractArrayType is
mapped to a different diagnostic than err_abstract_type_in_decl; it
gets mapped to err_array_of_abstract_type in
VerifyDiagnosticConsumer.h:5355.

Are you seeing an issue with the err_abstract_type_in_decl diagnostic?
If so, can you provide a test case?

Thanks!

~Aaron

On 18.03.2017 17:39, Aaron Ballman via cfe-dev wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 18, 2017 at 6:05 AM, Vladimir Voskresensky via cfe-dev
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Reminder about a possible bug:
>> there is no choice in diagnostics for
>> Sema::AbstractDiagSelID::AbstractArrayType value
> I'm not certain that this is an issue. Sema::AbstractArrayType is
> mapped to a different diagnostic than err_abstract_type_in_decl; it
> gets mapped to err_array_of_abstract_type in
> VerifyDiagnosticConsumer.h:5355.
I think you are right (but probably you meant file SemaDeclCXX.cpp). I
was confused by the name of
enum AbstractDiagSelID and in usage as an index for
err_abstract_type_in_decl:
Diag(Ctx->getLocation(), diag::err_abstract_type_in_decl) << Sel
I somehow missed the first if-branch where AbstractArrayType is handled
separately.

Thanks!
Vladimir.
P.S. Aaron, could you, please, help with another my question.
http://lists.llvm.org/pipermail/cfe-dev/2017-March/053142.html

> Are you seeing an issue with the err_abstract_type_in_decl diagnostic?
> If so, can you provide a test case?
>
> Thanks!
>
> ~Aaron
>

>> On 14.02.2017 02:59, Vladimir Voskresensky via cfe-dev wrote:
>>> Hello
>>>
>>> There might be an error:
>>>
>>> http://llvm.org/viewvc/llvm-project/cfe/trunk/include/clang/Basic/DiagnosticSemaKinds.td?view=markup
>>> err_abstract_type_in_decl message has selection of 6 choices
>>> %select{return|parameter|variable|field|instance variable|synthesized
>>> instance variable}
>>>
>>> but associated
>>>   Sema::AbstractDiagSelID has 7 valid variants
>>> http://clang.llvm.org/doxygen/classclang_1_1Sema.html#tip
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Vladimir.