clang-tidy and SARIF

Manas via cfe-dev
Hello,

I see the clang supports SARIF as an export format, but clang-tidy does not seem to. How can I  get clang-tidy to do the same?

I'm looking to build an automated check for Mudlet on Github which'll upload results of a scan to Github's code alerts UI, giving us a centralised location for tracking any outstanding issues. Github accepts SARIF so I'm looking to glue the two together.

Thanks!

Re: clang-tidy and SARIF

Manas via cfe-dev
On Sun, Feb 28, 2021 at 3:30 AM Vadim Peretokin via cfe-dev
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I see the clang supports SARIF as an export format, but clang-tidy does not seem to. How can I  get clang-tidy to do the same?
>
> I'm looking to build an automated check for Mudlet on Github which'll upload results of a scan to Github's code alerts UI, giving us a centralised location for tracking any outstanding issues. Github accepts SARIF so I'm looking to glue the two together.

Clang-tidy does not have support for outputting diagnostics to a
serialized format (SARIF, plist, html, etc) like the clang static
analyzer does. However, there are efforts underway to allow the clang
static analyzer to run clang-tidy checks, which would allow you to
output tidy diagnostics to SARIF. Those efforts are quite recent and
I'm not certain when they're expected to land.

HTH!

~Aaron