clang on FreeBSD

陳韋任 (Wei-Ren Chen)
Hi, folks

  clang/clang++ fail to compile programs on FreeBSD 8 (amd64). Even the binary
which I downloaded from
http://llvm.org/releases/2.8/clang+llvm-2.8-freebsd8-amd64.tar.xz
failed.

  Here is the error messge,

$ clang test.c
/usr/local/bin/ld: error in /usr/lib/crtend.o(.eh_frame); no .eh_frame_hdr table will be created.

  Any ideas? Thanks.

Regards,
chenwj

--
Wei-Ren Chen (陳韋任)
Parallel Processing Lab, Institute of Information Science,

Re: clang on FreeBSD

陳韋任 (Wei-Ren Chen)
  Ooops, clang/clang++ did produce the executable.

  But I still want to know it is possible to make this
error disappered.

Regards,
chenwj

--
Wei-Ren Chen (陳韋任)
Parallel Processing Lab, Institute of Information Science,
Academia Sinica, Taiwan (R.O.C.)
Tel:886-2-2788-3799 #1667

Re: clang on FreeBSD

Roman Divacky
On Sat, Jan 01, 2011 at 09:15:24PM +0800, ????????? wrote:

> Hi, folks
>
>   clang/clang++ fail to compile programs on FreeBSD 8 (amd64). Even the binary
> which I downloaded from
> http://llvm.org/releases/2.8/clang+llvm-2.8-freebsd8-amd64.tar.xz
> failed.
>
>   Here is the error messge,

Re: clang on FreeBSD

陳韋任 (Wei-Ren Chen)
> this is a freebsd crt* problem which has been fixed in FreeBSD 9, just ignore it or use
> /usr/bin/ld

Thanks, Roman.