clang name mangling documentation?

Tom van Dijck
Hey,

Trying to decipher the name mangling scheme clang (trunk) uses, is there any documentation on this, apart from reading the code.
I'm mostly interested in the arguments, the actual mangling of the method name seems pretty straightforward, there is an 'optimization' step done on the argument mangling to reduce the size of the final name, but its a little unclear how that works.

Tom.

Re: clang name mangling documentation?

Eli Friedman
On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 8:23 PM, Tom van Dijck <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hey,
>
> Trying to decipher the name mangling scheme clang (trunk) uses, is there any
> documentation on this, apart from reading the code.
> I'm mostly interested in the arguments, the actual mangling of the method
> name seems pretty straightforward, there is an 'optimization' step done on
> the argument mangling to reduce the size of the final name, but its a little
> unclear how that works.

See http://www.codesourcery.com/public/cxx-abi/abi.html#mangling .

-Eli