clang::idx::TranslationUnit usage?

Zhongxing Xu
Hi,

I'm curious about the intended usage of clang::idx::TranslationUnit.
It's an abstract class and has no subclass. I see a suitable client
for generating a clang::idx::TranslationUnit is ASTUnit. But I'd like
to know its original motivation.

Re: clang::idx::TranslationUnit usage?

Argyrios Kyrtzidis
Hi Zhongxing,

This is supposed to be an abstract version of ASTUnit intended for clients of libIndex.
AFAIK it's not used since the focus now is on libclang.

Do you have something in mind ?

-Argiris

On Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 6:15 PM, Argyrios Kyrtzidis <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi Zhongxing,
> This is supposed to be an abstract version of ASTUnit intended for clients
> of libIndex.
> AFAIK it's not used since the focus now is on libclang.
> Do you have something in mind ?

I want to interface ASTUnit to Indexer. see r107467.

Re: clang::idx::TranslationUnit usage?

Argyrios Kyrtzidis
Seems fine by me.