clang-cl with analyzer-output=text

Louis Dionne via cfe-dev
Hi all,

With clang-cl I can use the --analyze argument to run static analysis, but it seems -Xanalyzer is not recognized. So normally I'd pass -Xanalyzer -analyzer-output=text to get the additional flow information, but it's not permitted.

Is there a way to get clang-cl to pass the -analyzer-output=text option to the analyzer? If not, is this just because nobody's gotten around to it? (I'd be more than happy to work on a patch if there isn't a reason for it not to be there.)

Thanks,
-- Matthew P. Del Buono

Re: clang-cl with analyzer-output=text

Louis Dionne via cfe-dev
Hmm. It seems that -Xclang works just fine, you can use that instead of
-Xanalyzer. I've no idea why do we need to have so many of those, also
it's shorter.

On 2/8/18 11:39 PM, Matthew Del Buono via cfe-dev wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> With clang-cl I can use the --analyze argument to run static analysis,
> but it seems -Xanalyzer is not recognized. So normally I'd pass
> -Xanalyzer -analyzer-output=text to get the additional flow
> information, but it's not permitted.
>
> Is there a way to get clang-cl to pass the -analyzer-output=text
> option to the analyzer? If not, is this just because nobody's gotten
> around to it? (I'd be more than happy to work on a patch if there
> isn't a reason for it not to be there.)
>
> Thanks,
> -- Matthew P. Del Buono

Re: clang-cl with analyzer-output=text

Louis Dionne via cfe-dev
Ah, I didn't realize that -Xclang also works for the analyzer arguments. That makes this problem a lot easier. Thanks!

-- Matthew P. Del Buono