clang-cl VS2017 is somewhat broken for the last 2 releases

clang-cl VS2017 is somewhat broken for the last 2 releases

Manas via cfe-dev
im using the VS2017 extension + builds from LLVM.org/github Release Page
for years

but im getting errors with the last two releases, currently usingĀ  11.0.1

with 11.0.1

1>d:\my_project_path\implementation.lib: permission denied
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual
Studio\2017\Community\Common7\IDE\VC\VCTargets\Microsoft.CppCommon.targets(1144,5):
error MSB6006: "C:\Program Files\LLVM\bin\llvm-lib.exe" exited with code 1.

with 11.0 something related to pdb reading (also permission denied)

the problems started with the previous llvm update - but could be
related to VS2017 updates (im using lastest)

my project is not super large - cmake based solution (i've change to
LLVM in vstudio), 3 small libs and a main executable - nearly pure C++ stuff

anyone else got these problems?