clang and MinGW headers detection

Fernando Pelliccioni
Hi,

I am trying to compile a simple "Hello World" C++ sample using clang ( with IOStreams ).
clang was built with MinGW (GCC 4.6) on Windows.

I got this error when I try to compile

            helloworld.cpp:4:10: fatal error: 'iostream' file not found
            #include <iostream>
                     ^
            1 error generated.

It seems that clang is not "linked" with the MinGW headers by default.
I will try to correct this issue, but I would like someone guide me on where is the code that detect the compiler headers.
Steven Watanabe said me that he made the patch to find the MSVC 10.0 headers.Steve, I think that you could help me.

Can someone give me a hand?

Thanks,
Fernando.

Re: clang and MinGW headers detection

Fernando Pelliccioni
On Fri, Aug 27, 2010 at 8:11 PM, Fernando Pelliccioni <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I am trying to compile a simple "Hello World" C++ sample using clang ( with IOStreams ).
clang was built with MinGW (GCC 4.6) on Windows.

I got this error when I try to compile

            helloworld.cpp:4:10: fatal error: 'iostream' file not found
            #include <iostream>
                     ^
            1 error generated.

It seems that clang is not "linked" with the MinGW headers by default.
I will try to correct this issue, but I would like someone guide me on where is the code that detect the compiler headers.
Steven Watanabe said me that he made the patch to find the MSVC 10.0 headers.Steve, I think that you could help me.

Can someone give me a hand?

Thanks,
Fernando.

Sorry, I did not say anything ...

"Look for the comment "FIXME: temporary hack: hard-coded paths" in clang/lib/Frontend/InitHeaderSearch.cpp and change the lines below to include that path."

Fernando.