[analyzer] Reorganization of Checker files

[analyzer] Reorganization of Checker files

Argyrios Kyrtzidis-2
Hi,

We'd like to reorganize the Checker related code of the static analyzer to make it easier for browsing and to give it its own namespace.
(The important "heads up" here is that there will be a lot of breakage for those maintaining separate patches).

An idea is the 'GR' prefix, that is used in many classes, will be dropped and the 'GR' namespace will be introduced containing all checkers-related code.
The directory hierarchy will be like this:

include
| \-> clang
|       \-> GR [core stuff]
|             \-> Checkers [specific checkers headers]

lib
  \-> GR [libclangGRCore]
        \-> Checkers [libclangGRCheckers]

Classes in clang/GR will be inside "clang::GR::" namespace.

Any comments, objections, lawsuits, etc, are welcome!

-Argiris

Re: [analyzer] Reorganization of Checker files

Chris Lattner

On Dec 21, 2010, at 9:47 AM, Argyrios Kyrtzidis wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We'd like to reorganize the Checker related code of the static analyzer to make it easier for browsing and to give it its own namespace.
> (The important "heads up" here is that there will be a lot of breakage for those maintaining separate patches).
>
> An idea is the 'GR' prefix, that is used in many classes, will be dropped and the 'GR' namespace will be introduced containing all checkers-related code.
> The directory hierarchy will be like this:

No objection.  Silly question: what does GR stand for?

-Chris

Re: [analyzer] Reorganization of Checker files

Ted Kremenek
"GR" = graph reachability

On Dec 21, 2010, at 9:32 PM, Ted Kremenek wrote:

> "GR" = graph reachability

Is that really the best prefix to use?  Why not dump everything in a sa (static analyzer) namespace?

-Chris

> On Dec 21, 2010, at 5:49 PM, Chris Lattner wrote:
>

>> On Dec 21, 2010, at 9:47 AM, Argyrios Kyrtzidis wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> We'd like to reorganize the Checker related code of the static analyzer to make it easier for browsing and to give it its own namespace.
>>> (The important "heads up" here is that there will be a lot of breakage for those maintaining separate patches).
>>>
>>> An idea is the 'GR' prefix, that is used in many classes, will be dropped and the 'GR' namespace will be introduced containing all checkers-related code.
>>> The directory hierarchy will be like this:
>>
>> No objection.  Silly question: what does GR stand for?
>>
>> -Chris

Re: [analyzer] Reorganization of Checker files

Ted Kremenek
I think this is a good first step.  We can rename the namespace later.

On Dec 21, 2010, at 11:01 PM, Chris Lattner <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Dec 21, 2010, at 9:32 PM, Ted Kremenek wrote:
>
>> "GR" = graph reachability
>
> Is that really the best prefix to use?  Why not dump everything in a sa (static analyzer) namespace?
>
> -Chris

>>> No objection.  Silly question: what does GR stand for?
>>>
>>> -Chris

Re: [analyzer] Reorganization of Checker files

Chris Lattner
*shrug* ok

-Chris

On Dec 22, 2010, at 8:22 AM, Ted Kremenek wrote:

> I think this is a good first step.  We can rename the namespace later.
>
> On Dec 21, 2010, at 11:01 PM, Chris Lattner <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> On Dec 21, 2010, at 9:32 PM, Ted Kremenek wrote:
>>
>>> "GR" = graph reachability
>>
>> Is that really the best prefix to use?  Why not dump everything in a sa (static analyzer) namespace?
>>
>> -Chris

Re: [analyzer] Reorganization of Checker files

Tom Care-2
Sounds great Argiris :) I also agree we can generalise the name to something other than GR, but for now this is a good step.

On Dec 25, 2010, at 7:53 AM, Tom Care wrote:

> Sounds great Argiris :) I also agree we can generalise the name to something other than GR, but for now this is a good step.

You'll be pleased to know that after intense, nail biting negotiations, the directories & libraries have been renamed to 'StaticAnalyzer' and the namespace to 'ento'.