Will clangd support per parameter completion information?

Will clangd support per parameter completion information?

Eric Fiselier via cfe-dev
Hi, can anyone provide info whether clangd will cover support for completion
after ( or , as supported by libclang as explained at:
This is quite useful when one need to get type information for a given parameter
without having to rewrite the entire function to get completion + placeholders.

I also don't know whether Language Server Protocol is friendly to such feature.

Regards,
Francisco Lopes

Re: Will clangd support per parameter completion information?

Eric Fiselier via cfe-dev
On Tue, Aug 29, 2017 at 9:20 PM Francisco Lopes via cfe-dev <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi, can anyone provide info whether clangd will cover support for completion
after ( or , as supported by libclang as explained at:
This is quite useful when one need to get type information for a given parameter
without having to rewrite the entire function to get completion + placeholders.

I'd say it should; the question is obviously the priority / timeline :)

I also don't know whether Language Server Protocol is friendly to such feature.

Regards,
Francisco Lopes

Re: Will clangd support per parameter completion information?

Eric Fiselier via cfe-dev
Hi Francisco,

The LSP has this feature, it's called signature help:

We don't have it in clangd, but it's not hard to implement it.
Actually, discussion about it came up during one of recent changes that improve completion: https://reviews.llvm.org/D37101.
+raoulwols, who is the author of the change. Raoul, maybe you had plans regarding signature help?

On Mon, Sep 4, 2017 at 11:04 AM, Manuel Klimek <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Tue, Aug 29, 2017 at 9:20 PM Francisco Lopes via cfe-dev <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi, can anyone provide info whether clangd will cover support for completion
after ( or , as supported by libclang as explained at:
This is quite useful when one need to get type information for a given parameter
without having to rewrite the entire function to get completion + placeholders.

I'd say it should; the question is obviously the priority / timeline :)

I also don't know whether Language Server Protocol is friendly to such feature.

Regards,
Francisco Lopes

Ilya Biryukov

Re: Will clangd support per parameter completion information?

Eric Fiselier via cfe-dev
Hi Ilya, Francisco,

Yes, I definitely have plans to implement textDocument/signatureHelp. Keep an eye on reviews.llvm.org.

Kind regards,

Raoul

[...]

Hi Raoul,

Good to hear that. Looking forward to your contributions!

On Mon, Sep 4, 2017 at 7:02 PM, Raoul Wols <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Great and thanks for the information!

Regards,
Francisco Lopes