Viewing ASTs

sskavya
Hi,

I am trying to view the AST obtained after parsing, in a graphical representation.
Certain web pages spoke about a command line option '-ast-view' that helps in viewing
these through graphviz. However when I use the -ast-view option, the compiler throws a warning saying

clang: warning: argument unused during compilation: '-ast-view'

Is there anything that I might be missing out? I could not find any notes on this in the clang manuals.

Thanks,
Kavya
Thanks,
Kavya

Re: Viewing ASTs

James Molloy-2
Hi Kavya,

-ast-view is only available as a cc1 command. You're passing it to the driver.

Invoke clang with -### to find the command the driver is forming to compile. Then copy-paste that command, adding -ast-view (or --help-hidden to see all the cc1 options).

Cheers,

James
I am trying to view the AST obtained after parsing, in a graphical
representation.
Certain web pages spoke about a command line option '-ast-view' that helps
in viewing
these through graphviz. However when I use the -ast-view option, the
compiler throws a warning saying

clang: warning: argument unused during compilation: '-ast-view'

Is there anything that I might be missing out? I could not find any notes on
this in the clang manuals.

Thanks,
Kavya

-- IMPORTANT NOTICE: The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to any other person, use it for any purpose, or store or copy the information in any medium.  Thank you.