Using precompiled headers with libtooling?

Using precompiled headers with libtooling?

Sumner, Brian via cfe-dev

Hello,

We are using clang libtooling, and we think about enabling precompiled headers to speed-up our processing, but I’ve not found any document about that, so I have a few questions:

  • If we do so, will the content of the pch be visited with a RecursiveASTVisitor? With an ast matcher?
  • Will code location inside the PCH refer to the files that generated the pch?
  • Are there any other caveat?
  • Is there a tool to generate the pch with an interface similar to ClangTool, or should I just spawn a sub process the create the pch before starting the tool?

Thank you for your help,

---

Loïc Joly