Quantcast

User defined __attributes__ in clang plugins?

User defined __attributes__ in clang plugins?

Brian Cain via cfe-dev

Hi,

is it possible to register an user defined attribute like e.g. __attributes__((myattr)) in a clang plugin?

I am looking for something similiar like the PragmaHandlerRegistry.

Any hint would be helpful.

Thanks

Marcel

Re: User defined __attributes__ in clang plugins?

Brian Cain via cfe-dev
On Wed, Mar 22, 2017 at 6:28 AM, Compiler Dragon via cfe-dev
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is it possible to register an user defined attribute like e.g.
> __attributes__((myattr)) in a clang plugin?
>
> I am looking for something similiar like the PragmaHandlerRegistry.
>
> Any hint would be helpful.

Not currently, but this is something that's been discussed recently.
See this thread for some details:
http://lists.llvm.org/pipermail/cfe-dev/2017-March/052937.html

~Aaron