Quantcast

Trace preprocessor

Keane, Erich via cfe-dev
Hi All!

I’m working on a tool as my thesis to let clang trace preprocessor events (macro expansions for example). I’ve seen in the source code that the PPCallbacks class seems very good to start with, but I am still wondering about where to put my code. There are three options on clang’s website (LibClang, Clang Plugins, LibTooling) but their intentions don’t really match my tool’s in my interpretation. Or if I put it directly to the compiler where would be the best?

Best regards,
András