Testing new ClangTool

Tom Stellard via cfe-dev
Hello all,

I am new to this community so I have some doubts if this question can be asked here but, when you develop a new clang tool, is there any preferred testing framework/methodology?
Many thanks.

Kind regards,

--

Marcos Horro

PhD Student

Universidade da Coruña (UDC)

http://gac.udc.es/~marcos.horro/

Re: Testing new ClangTool

Tom Stellard via cfe-dev
Hi Marcos,

Recently I was working on a similar thing. GTest works pretty well for out of source tools on Clang. The runToolOnCode from Tooling.h can directly be used to test your code on an input string program. Hope this helps.

Regards
Shraiysh Vaishay

On Sun, Nov 24, 2019, 9:39 AM Marcos Horro Varela via cfe-dev <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello all,

I am new to this community so I have some doubts if this question can be asked here but, when you develop a new clang tool, is there any preferred testing framework/methodology?
Many thanks.

Kind regards,

--

Marcos Horro

PhD Student

Universidade da Coruña (UDC)

http://gac.udc.es/~marcos.horro/

Re: Testing new ClangTool

Tom Stellard via cfe-dev
Shraiysh,

Thanks for your prompt response. Solutions you propose seem to fit perfect with the tool that I am working on since it is also built out of source and its inputs are files/strings.
Thanks again.

Best regards,

--

Marcos Horro