Running tests in Clang

Gavin Cui via cfe-dev
Hello Devs,

I would like to understand how clang test system works. Specially the tests in $project_dir/llvm/tools/clang/test and also how I can use TestRunner.sh to run a single test.

Appreciate if someone could point me to a relevant documentation or give a brief introduction on how it works.

Thank you
Regards
-Thejaka

On 8/13/15 1:59 PM, Amila Jayasekara via cfe-dev wrote:
> Hello Devs,
>
> I would like to understand how clang test system works. Specially the
> tests in $project_dir/llvm/tools/clang/test and also how I can use
> TestRunner.sh to run a single test.

If you're using the CMake build system, then the targets `check-all` and
`check-clang` will run the whole clang testsuite for you.

If you want to run a single testcase, then use llvm-lit from the bin
directory of the build, and pass it the path to the testcase or
directory of testcases.

Jon

> Appreciate if someone could point me to a relevant documentation or give
> a brief introduction on how it works.
>
> Thank you
> Regards
> -Thejaka