Removing Check Files Automatically

via cfe-dev
Hello,

I am part of a group of students interested in making some contributions to clang-tidy. We've recently been getting acquainted with the project, and I have a quick question about whether there is a simple way of removing recently added checks.

So far, to add skeletons of new checks I've been using the add_new_check.py script. However, after adding a new check to my local copy of clang-tidy and deciding that I no longer want it, is there a script I can run to remove that check?

If not, what is the standard procedure for getting rid of recently added checks? Should I just manually delete the files for the relevant checks and tests, and then remove mentions in the CMakeLists.txt file?

Sincerely,
Shyan Akmal

Re: Removing Check Files Automatically

via cfe-dev

On Thu, 11 Oct 2018, 02:30 Shyan Akmal <[hidden email] wrote:
Hello,

I am part of a group of students interested in making some contributions to clang-tidy. We've recently been getting acquainted with the project, and I have a quick question about whether there is a simple way of removing recently added checks.

So far, to add skeletons of new checks I've been using the add_new_check.py script. However, after adding a new check to my local copy of clang-tidy and deciding that I no longer want it, is there a script I can run to remove that check?

If not, what is the standard procedure for getting rid of recently added checks? Should I just manually delete the files for the relevant checks and tests, and then remove mentions in the CMakeLists.txt file?

Correct, the VCS can help with that.
I personally use git-svn and if something goes nowhere it usually dies as a forgotten local branch when I swap out my machine.