Reminder: LLVM 2.8 Branching on September 3rd

Reminder: LLVM 2.8 Branching on September 3rd

Bill Wendling
This is a reminder that the branch date for the LLVM 2.8 release is next Friday (September 3rd). Please try to finish up any major changes you have so that they get a sufficient amount of "bake time" before the branch. As Friday approaches, please keep the top-of-tree as stable as possible.

September 3rd is not the final date for code submissions. We will allow submissions to fix bugs or to finish up important features – however we won't accept new features after September 3rd, even if it's a new register allocator that runs in O(log n) time. As the release process continues, the criteria for accepting patches will become more and more strict.

-bw