Release Manager Transition

Manas via cfe-dev
After almost six years and twelve major releases (3.6 through 11), I
have decided to step down as release manager.

While I have enjoyed the process a lot, especially working with so
many people in the community, it has taken a lot of time which I now
want to use for other work.

Tom Stellard, who already does the stable (a.k.a. "dot") releases,
says he'd be willing to manage also the major releases, so I hereby
nominate him to take over.

Thanks,
Hans

Re: Release Manager Transition

Manas via cfe-dev
On Wed, Oct 21, 2020 at 8:13 AM Hans Wennborg via cfe-dev
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> After almost six years and twelve major releases (3.6 through 11), I
> have decided to step down as release manager.

Thank you so much for all your hard work as release manager and
congratulations on so many successful releases!

> While I have enjoyed the process a lot, especially working with so
> many people in the community, it has taken a lot of time which I now
> want to use for other work.
>
> Tom Stellard, who already does the stable (a.k.a. "dot") releases,
> says he'd be willing to manage also the major releases, so I hereby
> nominate him to take over.

+1 to Tom taking over, thank you for volunteering!

~Aaron

> Thanks,
> Hans

Re: Release Manager Transition

Manas via cfe-dev
Wow, it is a sad day — but thank you for everything you have done Hans, that is an incredible range of work.

Also, thank you Tom for stepping up, this is an absolutely critical function in the community.  I’m really happy to see you in this role.

-Chris

> On Oct 21, 2020, at 5:12 AM, Hans Wennborg via cfe-dev <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> After almost six years and twelve major releases (3.6 through 11), I
> have decided to step down as release manager.
>
> While I have enjoyed the process a lot, especially working with so
> many people in the community, it has taken a lot of time which I now
> want to use for other work.
>
> Tom Stellard, who already does the stable (a.k.a. "dot") releases,
> says he'd be willing to manage also the major releases, so I hereby
> nominate him to take over.
>
> Thanks,
> Hans

Re: Release Manager Transition

Manas via cfe-dev
Thank you so much for all you've done as release manager, Hans. You've been doing a truly excellent job, and you've really made a difference.

And thank you Tom for agreeing to take on this considerable but essential task! :)

On Wed, 21 Oct 2020 at 05:13, Hans Wennborg via cfe-dev <[hidden email]> wrote:
After almost six years and twelve major releases (3.6 through 11), I
have decided to step down as release manager.

While I have enjoyed the process a lot, especially working with so
many people in the community, it has taken a lot of time which I now
want to use for other work.

Tom Stellard, who already does the stable (a.k.a. "dot") releases,
says he'd be willing to manage also the major releases, so I hereby
nominate him to take over.

Thanks,
Hans

Re: Release Manager Transition

Manas via cfe-dev

> On Oct 21, 2020, at 5:12 AM, Hans Wennborg via cfe-dev <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> After almost six years and twelve major releases (3.6 through 11), I
> have decided to step down as release manager.

Thanks for all you’ve done, Hans!

— Marshall

Re: [Release-testers] Release Manager Transition

Manas via cfe-dev
Wow 12 releases!! Thanks for your work Hans :)

Thanks also Tom for taking over!

--
Mehdi