Release Manager Position

Bill Wendling-3
After several years as LLVM release manager, I’ve decided to step down as release manager. I recently haven’t been able to focus as much time on LLVM development as I should, and I don’t want the releases to suffer because of that. I’ve enjoyed all of the releases I’ve done. We have a great team of testers. And the community as a whole really helps out so that we can produce a great produce.

I my stead I’m would like to nominate Tom Stellard and Hans Wennborg as my replacements. Tom already does the dot releases so he’s a natural candidate. And Hans may step in to help with the major releases while Tom is recovering. :-)

Share and enjoy!
-bw

Re: [LLVMdev] Release Manager Position

C Bergström
I mostly interact with Tom outside of the mailling list, but I can say he's great to work with.
+1 for my non-binding peanut gallery vote.

Re: Release Manager Position

Eli Bendersky-2

On Tue, Oct 14, 2014 at 3:09 PM, Bill Wendling <[hidden email]> wrote:
After several years as LLVM release manager, I’ve decided to step down as release manager. I recently haven’t been able to focus as much time on LLVM development as I should, and I don’t want the releases to suffer because of that. I’ve enjoyed all of the releases I’ve done. We have a great team of testers. And the community as a whole really helps out so that we can produce a great produce.

Thanks for all the good work, Bill!

Eli

Re: Release Manager Position

Aaron Ballman
On Tue, Oct 14, 2014 at 6:09 PM, Bill Wendling <[hidden email]> wrote:
> After several years as LLVM release manager, I’ve decided to step down as release manager. I recently haven’t been able to focus as much time on LLVM development as I should, and I don’t want the releases to suffer because of that. I’ve enjoyed all of the releases I’ve done. We have a great team of testers. And the community as a whole really helps out so that we can produce a great produce.
>
> I my stead I’m would like to nominate Tom Stellard and Hans Wennborg as my replacements. Tom already does the dot releases so he’s a natural candidate. And Hans may step in to help with the major releases while Tom is recovering. :-)

Thank you for all of your hard work, Bill!

~Aaron

Re: [LLVMdev] Release Manager Position

Renato Golin Linaro
On 14 October 2014 23:09, Bill Wendling <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I my stead I’m would like to nominate Tom Stellard and Hans Wennborg as my replacements. Tom already does the dot releases so he’s a natural candidate. And Hans may step in to help with the major releases while Tom is recovering. :-)

I love volunteering others, but I'm assuming they agree with this... :D

I'm happy with either of them being the release manager, will continue
testing on ARM/AArch64 as usual.

Thanks Bill for the hard work!

cheers,
-renato

Re: [LLVMdev] Release Manager Position

Bill Wendling-3

It's really the best way to transfer responsibilities. ;-)

Yes, we talked with Tom and Hans before I sent this out. But this is a democracy, so I only nominate them. Others are free to offer their opinions and candidacies. :-)

-bw

On Oct 14, 2014 3:58 PM, "Renato Golin" <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 14 October 2014 23:09, Bill Wendling <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I my stead I’m would like to nominate Tom Stellard and Hans Wennborg as my replacements. Tom already does the dot releases so he’s a natural candidate. And Hans may step in to help with the major releases while Tom is recovering. :-)

I love volunteering others, but I'm assuming they agree with this... :D

I'm happy with either of them being the release manager, will continue
testing on ARM/AArch64 as usual.

Thanks Bill for the hard work!

cheers,
-renato

Re: Release Manager Position

Eric Christopher
On Tue, Oct 14, 2014 at 3:09 PM, Bill Wendling <[hidden email]> wrote:
> After several years as LLVM release manager, I’ve decided to step down as release manager. I recently haven’t been able to focus as much time on LLVM development as I should, and I don’t want the releases to suffer because of that. I’ve enjoyed all of the releases I’ve done. We have a great team of testers. And the community as a whole really helps out so that we can produce a great produce.
>
> I my stead I’m would like to nominate Tom Stellard and Hans Wennborg as my replacements. Tom already does the dot releases so he’s a natural candidate. And Hans may step in to help with the major releases while Tom is recovering. :-)

I agree with this. Tom has done a great job with the dot releases and
Hans has a great background here too.

-eric

Re: Release Manager Position

Chris Lattner

On Oct 14, 2014, at 3:09 PM, Bill Wendling <[hidden email]> wrote:

> After several years as LLVM release manager, I’ve decided to step down as release manager. I recently haven’t been able to focus as much time on LLVM development as I should, and I don’t want the releases to suffer because of that. I’ve enjoyed all of the releases I’ve done. We have a great team of testers. And the community as a whole really helps out so that we can produce a great produce.

Thank you for all of your great releases Bill!

> I my stead I’m would like to nominate Tom Stellard and Hans Wennborg as my replacements. Tom already does the dot releases so he’s a natural candidate. And Hans may step in to help with the major releases while Tom is recovering. :-)

+1.

-Chris

Re: [LLVMdev] Release Manager Position

Tom Stellard-2
On Tue, Oct 14, 2014 at 03:09:27PM -0700, Bill Wendling wrote:
> After several years as LLVM release manager, I’ve decided to step down as release manager. I recently haven’t been able to focus as much time on LLVM development as I should, and I don’t want the releases to suffer because of that. I’ve enjoyed all of the releases I’ve done. We have a great team of testers. And the community as a whole really helps out so that we can produce a great produce.

Thank you Bill, for all the hard work you've put into managing releases.
I know it's not easy, and you've done a great job.

-Tom

p.s. Thanks for all the release automation scripts too. :)

> I my stead I’m would like to nominate Tom Stellard and Hans Wennborg as my replacements. Tom already does the dot releases so he’s a natural candidate. And Hans may step in to help with the major releases while Tom is recovering. :-)
>
> Share and enjoy!
> -bw

Re: Release Manager Position

Hans Wennborg
On Tue, Oct 14, 2014 at 3:09 PM, Bill Wendling <[hidden email]> wrote:
> After several years as LLVM release manager, I’ve decided to step down as release manager. I recently haven’t been able to focus as much time on LLVM development as I should, and I don’t want the releases to suffer because of that. I’ve enjoyed all of the releases I’ve done. We have a great team of testers. And the community as a whole really helps out so that we can produce a great produce.

Thanks for all your work! I only joined in the release testing a few
cycles back, but it's been fun being part of the process, and I think
it's worked very well.

> I my stead I’m would like to nominate Tom Stellard and Hans Wennborg as my replacements. Tom already does the dot releases so he’s a natural candidate. And Hans may step in to help with the major releases while Tom is recovering. :-)

I'd be happy to do this if the community agrees.

Cheers,
Hans

On Wed, Oct 15, 2014 at 1:06 PM, Hans Wennborg <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 14, 2014 at 3:09 PM, Bill Wendling <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> After several years as LLVM release manager, I’ve decided to step down as release manager. I recently haven’t been able to focus as much time on LLVM development as I should, and I don’t want the releases to suffer because of that. I’ve enjoyed all of the releases I’ve done. We have a great team of testers. And the community as a whole really helps out so that we can produce a great produce.
>
> Thanks for all your work! I only joined in the release testing a few
> cycles back, but it's been fun being part of the process, and I think
> it's worked very well.
>
>> I my stead I’m would like to nominate Tom Stellard and Hans Wennborg as my replacements. Tom already does the dot releases so he’s a natural candidate. And Hans may step in to help with the major releases while Tom is recovering. :-)
>
> I'd be happy to do this if the community agrees.

Sounds like we have consensus, so, good luck guys and I look forward
to our next release :)

-eric

On Oct 15, 2014, at 1:18 PM, Eric Christopher <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 15, 2014 at 1:06 PM, Hans Wennborg <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> On Tue, Oct 14, 2014 at 3:09 PM, Bill Wendling <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> After several years as LLVM release manager, I’ve decided to step down as release manager. I recently haven’t been able to focus as much time on LLVM development as I should, and I don’t want the releases to suffer because of that. I’ve enjoyed all of the releases I’ve done. We have a great team of testers. And the community as a whole really helps out so that we can produce a great produce.
>>
>> Thanks for all your work! I only joined in the release testing a few
>> cycles back, but it's been fun being part of the process, and I think
>> it's worked very well.
>>
>>> I my stead I’m would like to nominate Tom Stellard and Hans Wennborg as my replacements. Tom already does the dot releases so he’s a natural candidate. And Hans may step in to help with the major releases while Tom is recovering. :-)
>>
>> I'd be happy to do this if the community agrees.
>>

> Sounds like we have consensus, so, good luck guys and I look forward
> to our next release :)

Yep - Congrats Tom and Hans.  Thank you for taking this on!

-Chris

On Oct 15, 2014, at 4:26 PM, Chris Lattner <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Oct 15, 2014, at 1:18 PM, Eric Christopher <[hidden email]> wrote:

>>> Thanks for all your work! I only joined in the release testing a few
>>> cycles back, but it's been fun being part of the process, and I think
>>> it's worked very well.

>>> I'd be happy to do this if the community agrees.
>>>

>> Sounds like we have consensus, so, good luck guys and I look forward
>> to our next release :)
>
> Yep - Congrats Tom and Hans.  Thank you for taking this on!

Yes, thank you! :-)

-bw