Refactoring C++ with Common Lisp built on the clang ASTMatcher library

Refactoring C++ with Common Lisp built on the clang ASTMatcher library

Christian Schafmeister

Hey folks,

I put up a video that demonstrates C++ abstract-syntax-tree searching and refactoring tool that I’m planning to call “Improve” built on top of my Common Lisp system/compiler called “Clasp”.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h31pURzgYX8

Clasp is a superset of the language Common Lisp using LLVM to provide just-in-time compilation support.
Clasp tightly interoperates with C++ and LLVM-IR allowing programmers to combine high-level, dynamic code in Common Lisp with C++ libraries and LLVM-IR.

I think it’s a pretty powerful tool that combines the awesome power of the clang ASTMatcher/Refactoring library with the immensely expressive dynamic language Common Lisp.

I’ll be open sourcing this stuff soon.
I’m still working on “Improve” and usability testing it by using it to help me add garbage collection to the Clasp compiler.

I’d love to hear any feedback or suggestions that people have.

Best,

.Chris.

Christian Schafmeister
Associate Professor
Chemistry Department
Temple University

Re: Refactoring C++ with Common Lisp built on the clang ASTMatcher library

Manuel Klimek
On Sun, Feb 9, 2014 at 7:02 PM, Christian Schafmeister <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Awesome stuff :) Looking forward to the OS'ing!

Cheers,
/Manuel

Best,

.Chris.