Quantcast

Re: clang 4.0 installation

Daniel Marjamäki via cfe-dev

Hi Don,

Thanks for the reply.

I need to compile clang 4.0 in our environment. Below are the requested details.

$uname -a

Linux oulng127.emea.nsn-net.net 3.10.0-327.el7.x86_64 #1 SMP Thu Oct 29 17:29:29 EDT 2015 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

$cmake --version

cmake version 3.6.2

$gcc --version

gcc (GCC) 6.2.0

This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.  There is NO

$python -V

Python 2.7.5

$python3 -V

Python 3.5.2

Kindly let me know how can we proceed further.

Thanks,

Chandini

Re: clang 4.0 installation

Daniel Marjamäki via cfe-dev
Thanks.  It looks like you have the appropriate dependancies installed.

However, since you only provided the output, I can't tell how you ran gcc.  I really need you to follow my instructions and provide both the command and the output.  As a general rule, the more information you provide, the easier it is to help.

Could you please do it again and give me the command and output?  For example, if someone asked me to run gcc -v, here's what I'd send (including clang as well):

** gcc -- default compiler installed in /usr/bin

project-computing-lab-vm1:/home/d80049854 $ gcc -v
Using built-in specs.
COLLECT_GCC=gcc
COLLECT_LTO_WRAPPER=/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/4.8/lto-wrapper
Target: x86_64-linux-gnu
Configured with: ../src/configure -v --with-pkgversion='Ubuntu 4.8.4-2ubuntu1~14.04.3' --with-bugurl=file:///usr/share/doc/gcc-4.8/README.Bugs --enable-languages=c,c++,java,go,d,fortran,objc,obj-c++ --prefix=/usr --program-suffix=-4.8 --enable-shared --enable-linker-build-id --libexecdir=/usr/lib --without-included-gettext --enable-threads=posix --with-gxx-include-dir=/usr/include/c++/4.8 --libdir=/usr/lib --enable-nls --with-sysroot=/ --enable-clocale=gnu --enable-libstdcxx-debug --enable-libstdcxx-time=yes --enable-gnu-unique-object --disable-libmudflap --enable-plugin --with-system-zlib --disable-browser-plugin --enable-java-awt=gtk --enable-gtk-cairo --with-java-home=/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5.0-gcj-4.8-amd64/jre --enable-java-home --with-jvm-root-dir=/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5.0-gcj-4.8-amd64 --with-jvm-jar-dir=/usr/lib/jvm-exports/java-1.5.0-gcj-4.8-amd64 --with-arch-directory=amd64 --with-ecj-jar=/usr/share/java/eclipse-ecj.jar --enable-objc-gc --enable-multiarch --disable-werror --with-arch-32=i686 --with-abi=m64 --with-multilib-list=m32,m64,mx32 --with-tune=generic --enable-checking=release --build=x86_64-linux-gnu --host=x86_64-linux-gnu --target=x86_64-linux-gnu
Thread model: posix
gcc version 4.8.4 (Ubuntu 4.8.4-2ubuntu1~14.04.3)

** clang -- 4.0 installed in /home/$USER/bin

project-computing-lab-vm1:/home/d80049854 $ clang -v
clang version 4.0.0 (http://llvm.org/git/clang.git 560b6b60eb83c4776255a27e23e95fef73171cf5) (http://llvm.org/git/llvm.git 3b621275428532a32a2806585282fa025af2d241)
Target: x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
Thread model: posix
InstalledDir: /home/d80049854/usr/bin
Found candidate GCC installation: /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/4.6
Found candidate GCC installation: /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/4.6.4
Found candidate GCC installation: /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/4.8
Found candidate GCC installation: /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/4.8.4
Found candidate GCC installation: /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/4.9
Found candidate GCC installation: /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/4.9.3
Selected GCC installation: /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/4.8
Candidate multilib: .;@m64
Selected multilib: .;@m64

thanks...
don

On Sun, Apr 16, 2017 at 11:56 PM, [hidden email] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Don,

Thanks for the reply.

I need to compile clang 4.0 in our environment. Below are the requested details.

$uname -a

Linux oulng127.emea.nsn-net.net 3.10.0-327.el7.x86_64 #1 SMP Thu Oct 29 17:29:29 EDT 2015 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

$cmake --version

cmake version 3.6.2

$gcc --version

gcc (GCC) 6.2.0

This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.  There is NO

$python -V

Python 2.7.5

$python3 -V

Python 3.5.2

Kindly let me know how can we proceed further.

Thanks,

Chandini

Can someone help me with the below query.

Thanks,

Chandini

** This mail has been sent from an external source **

Hi,

You will need to provide more information for anyone to be able to help you.

For example:
- Which Linux distribution/version are you running? → RHEL6.7
- What steps have you performed?

GCC version → gcc_6_2_0
Cmake version → cmake-3_6_2
Python version → python3_3_2

Command being used →  sudo cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/applics/platform/clang_3_9_0 -DLLVM_ENABLE_FFI=ON -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release -DLLVM_BUILD_LLVM_DYLIB=ON -DLLVM_TARGETS_TO_BUILD="host;AMDGPU" -Wno-dev ..

- What error messages do you receive?

Errors attached.

Best regards
David

> Hi Team,
>

> We are trying to install clang 3.9 in Linux Server. We tried
> installing using the steps available in the website, we are getting errors.
>

> Could you please assist us with the procedure to do so.
>

> Thanks & Regards,
>
> Suryakanta Sahoo
>
> Project Engineer,
>
> Wipro Technology Services Ltd

> immediately and destroy all copies of this message and any
> attachments. WARNING: Computer viruses can be transmitted via email.
> The recipient should check this email and any attachments for the
> presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage
> caused by any virus transmitted by this email. www.wipro.com

Re: clang 4.0 installation

Daniel Marjamäki via cfe-dev
Assuming you have the correct version of gcc in your path, this should work for you (please note that cmake will try /usr/bin/cc first, so you may still have to explicitly set CC and CXX if alternatives aren't set correctly):

mkdir clang && cd clang

wget http://releases.llvm.org/4.0.0/llvm-4.0.0.src.tar.xz
tar -xf llvm-4.0.0.src.tar.xz

tar -xf cfe-4.0.0.src.tar.xz

ln -s ../../cfe-4.0.0.src llvm-4.0.0.src/tools/clang

mkdir build && cd build

cmake \
  -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/applics/platform/clang_4_0_0 \
  -DLLVM_ENABLE_FFI=ON \
  -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release \
  -DLLVM_BUILD_LLVM_DYLIB=ON \
  -DLLVM_TARGETS_TO_BUILD="host;AMDGPU" \
  ../llvm-4.0.0.src

hth...
don

On Mon, Apr 17, 2017 at 6:59 AM, don hinton <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

- What error messages do you receive?

Errors attached.

Best regards
David

> Hi Team,
>

> We are trying to install clang 3.9 in Linux Server. We tried
> installing using the steps available in the website, we are getting errors.
>

> Could you please assist us with the procedure to do so.
>

> Thanks & Regards,
>
> Suryakanta Sahoo
>
> Project Engineer,
>
> Wipro Technology Services Ltd

> immediately and destroy all copies of this message and any
> attachments. WARNING: Computer viruses can be transmitted via email.
> The recipient should check this email and any attachments for the
> presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage

Thanks a ton for the detailed steps.