Re: [cfe-users] question about building

James Y Knight via cfe-dev
+cfe-dev; bcc:cfe-users (this is more of a development question than a user question, AFAICT)

On Apr 17, 2017, at 08:18, Michael Mitchell via cfe-users <[hidden email]> wrote:

I'm new to LLVM and also new to Cmake. I've checked out multiple LLVM projects including clang  (see below for list of projects checked out).  I made the build directory.

My question has three possible answers - A,B, or C, but if the answer is neither of those 3 can you please describe in detail what the correct answer is.

My question is this,  "Can I run cmake (A) with the path ONLY to the root of the LLVM project to build ALL of the projects I checked out,

This should work, since you checked everything out inside of the LLVM checkout.

or (B) do I have to supply the path to the root of all the projects I checked out to cmake at once, or (C) do I run cmake multiple times in succession with a new path each time to the respective project I am building"

Thank you in advance

#. Checkout LLVM:

   * ``cd where-you-want-llvm-to-live``

#. Checkout Clang:

   * ``cd where-you-want-llvm-to-live``
   * ``cd llvm/tools``

#. Checkout LLD linker **[Optional]**:

   * ``cd where-you-want-llvm-to-live``
   * ``cd llvm/tools``

#. Checkout Polly Loop Optimizer **[Optional]**:

   * ``cd where-you-want-llvm-to-live``
   * ``cd llvm/tools``

#. Checkout Compiler-RT (required to build the sanitizers) **[Optional]**:

   * ``cd where-you-want-llvm-to-live``
   * ``cd llvm/projects``

#. Checkout Libomp (required for OpenMP support) **[Optional]**:

   * ``cd where-you-want-llvm-to-live``
   * ``cd llvm/projects``

#. Checkout libcxx and libcxxabi **[Optional]**: