Re: Is boost python tested?

Riccardo Rossi
well...
      i was asking if the thing was tested with clang. We have been
using Boost-Python during years and we know it works.

Furthermore our code was tested using many different compilers and on
different OSs. The segfault only appears with clang, and this is a bit
surprising to us, so i was asking if anyone is using routinely clang
together with boost python. It would not be that strange that some
errors are still in there since it is a relatively short time boost is
supported...

Riccardo

Riccardo Rossi, Ph.D, Civil Engineer
member of the Kratos Group: kratos.cimne.upc.es
Centro Internacional de Métodos Numéricos en Ingeniería (CIMNE)
Universidad Politécnica de Cataluña (UPC)
Edificio C-1, campus Norte UPC
Gran Capitan, s/n
08034 Barcelona, España
Tel. (+34) 93 401 73 99

AVISO IMPORTANTE

Los datos de carácter personal contenidos en el mensaje, se registrarán
en un fichero para facilitar la gestión de las comunicaciones de CIMNE.
Se pueden ejercitar los derechos de acceso, rectificación, cancelación y
oposición por escrito, dirigiéndose a nuestras oficinas de CIMNE, Gran
Capitán s/n,  Edificio C1 - Campus Norte UPC, 08034 Barcelona, España.

AVÍS IMPORTANT

Les dades de caràcter personal contingudes en aquest missatge es
registraran en un fitxer per facilitar la gestió de les comunicacions
del CIMNE. Es poden exercir els drets d'accés, rectificació,
cancel·lació i oposició, per escrit a les nostres oficines del CIMNE,
Gran Capità s/n, Edifici C1, Campus Nord UPC, 08034 Barcelona, Espanya.

IMPORTANT NOTICE

All personal data contained in this mail will be processed
confidentially and stored in a file property of CIMNE in order to manage
corporate communications. You may exercise the right of access,
rectification, deletion and objection by letter sent to CIMNE, Gran
Capitán, Edificio C1 - Campus Norte UPC, 08034 Barcelona, Spain.

Re: Is boost python tested?

Sebastian Redl
On 07.10.2010 11:57, Riccardo Rossi wrote:

> well...
>        i was asking if the thing was tested with clang. We have been
> using Boost-Python during years and we know it works.
>
> Furthermore our code was tested using many different compilers and on
> different OSs. The segfault only appears with clang, and this is a bit
> surprising to us, so i was asking if anyone is using routinely clang
> together with boost python. It would not be that strange that some
> errors are still in there since it is a relatively short time boost is
> supported...

The Boost regression tests show no failures for the Clang builder that
don't also occur with other compilers. On the other hand, Boost.Python
was one of the last libraries to work, and it's rather complex, so there
might well be issues left for more complicated usages.

It would be ideal if you managed to reduce a minimal test case for the
failures you're seeing.

Sebastian