<quote author='Artem Dergachev via cfe-dev'>
So it seems this was due to including the source file that contains
operator new and delete in the framework instead of the app.
Moving that file into the app layer appears to have solved the problem.
This comment here, ultimately provided me with the information I needed:
On 22 March 2018 at 22:00, James Robertson <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi Eric,
> I'm trying to find the time to figure out a repo case for you to take a
> look at. Just got some xcode shenanigans to figure out. :)
> Our set up is as follows:
> Static lib written in C++. Our memory manager exists in here.
> Framework (shared library) with mixed Swift and C++ code. The global
> new/delete operators are compiled here, and the static lib is linked in as
> App written in Swift.
> As far as the callstack is concerned, it's basically this:
> #0 __pthread_kill ()
> #1 pthread_kill$VARIANT$mp ()
> #2 abort ()
> #3 free ()
> #4 std::__1::basic_string<char, std::__1::char_traits<char>,
> std::__1::allocator<char> >::~basic_string()
> #5 The following five stack frames are in our C++ code...
> #10 These four frames are Swift code in our framework...
> #14 -[UIApplication _handleDelegateCallbacksWithOpt
> #15 -[UIApplication _callInitializationDelegatesFor
> #16 -[UIApplication _runWithMainScene:transitionContext:completion:]
> #17 __111-[__UICanvasLifecycleMonitor_Compatability
> #18 +[_UICanvas _enqueuePostSettingUpdateTransactionBlock:]
> #19 -[__UICanvasLifecycleMonitor_Compatability
> #20 -[__UICanvasLifecycleMonitor_Compatability activateEventsOnly:
> #21 __82-[_UIApplicationCanvas _transitionLifecycleStateWithTr
> #22 -[_UIApplicationCanvas _transitionLifecycleStateWithTr
> #23 __125-[_UICanvasLifecycleSettingsDiffAction performActionsForCanvas:
> #24 _performActionsWithDelayForTransitionContext
> #25 -[_UICanvasLifecycleSettingsDiffAction performActionsForCanvas:
> #26 -[_UICanvas scene:didUpdateWithDiff:transitionContext:completion:]
> #27 -[UIApplication workspace:didCreateScene:withTransitionContext:
> #28 -[UIApplicationSceneClientAgent scene:didInitializeWithEvent:
> #29 -[FBSSceneImpl _didCreateWithTransitionContext:completion:]
> #30 __56-[FBSWorkspace client:handleCreateScene:
> #31 _dispatch_client_callout
> #32 _dispatch_block_invoke_direct
> #33 __FBSSERIALQUEUE_IS_CALLING_OUT_TO_A_BLOCK__
> #34 -[FBSSerialQueue _performNext]
> #35 -[FBSSerialQueue _performNextFromRunLoopSource]
> #36 __CFRUNLOOP_IS_CALLING_OUT_TO_A_SOURCE0_PERFORM_FUNCTION__
> #37 __CFRunLoopDoSource0
> #38 __CFRunLoopDoSources0
> #39 __CFRunLoopRun
> #40 CFRunLoopRunSpecific
> #41 GSEventRunModal
> #42 UIApplicationMain
> #43 main
> #44 start
> Nothing overly interesting to look at. As I mentioned before, this
> happens during application initialisation.
> The output window in xcode simply has the following message:
> malloc: *** error for objectt 0x1051bc0c0: pointer being freed was not
> Which is partially correct. It's a 176 byte memory block allocated by my
> small block allocator. (I just managed to track it down.)
> I don't think the optimiser has anything to do with this. This is
> happening in debug builds.
> It's smells like a compiler bug to me. As I mentioned, the same code
> works fine on both MacOS, Windows, and the iOS simulator (which basically
> will compile to x86), so I would presume it's ARM specific - but that's
> merely a guess by me here.
> On 22 March 2018 at 05:31, Eric Fiselier <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> There is no way to disable __builtin_operator_new/delete or prevent
>> libc++ from using it.
>> I would be interested to get some more details about your particular
>> case. Ideally a reproducer
>> I could play with. Or at least provide some sort of stack trace and error
>> I'm not too familiar with the optimization aspects of
>> __builtin_operator_new/delete, but the behavior
>> you're observing sounds like a bug. Either in LLVM/Clang/libc++ or within
>> your build. My suspicion
>> is that an ODR violation is involved.
>> On Wed, Mar 21, 2018 at 4:43 PM, James Robertson via cfe-dev <
>> [hidden email]> wrote:
>>> I'm trying to get my own global operator new/delete calls working that
>>> my memory manager plugs into.
>>> This code is working fine on MacOS (clang) and Windows (Visual Studio),
>>> but on iOS I have a third party library (lohmann json) returning a
>>> std::string object which appears to have been allocated through my
>>> ::operator new function (I.e., my memory manager) but is being deleted
>>> through __builtin_operator_delete. Which just results in a crash almost
>>> immediately after the app starts.
>>> So how do I disable these particular builtin functions?
>>> cfe-dev mailing list
>>> [hidden email]
cfe-dev mailing list
I am also facing some what similar issue and seeking your help.
I have a framework which is overloading operator new and delete. Also the application which is using this framework is also overloading new and delete. Issue is when creating string, operator new of framework is getting called but at the time of destruction, operator delete of application is getting called.
I am not able to understand this erratic behaviour. Also, this behaviour is visible only which compile the framework with -02 or above optimisation level.
I am not very clear about the solution which works for you. Also I want to know the reason for such behaviour.
Looking for your help.
Sent from http://clang-developers.42468.n3.nabble.com
cfe-dev mailing list
|Free forum by Nabble||Edit this page|