[RFC] Support intel_reqd_sub_group_size attribute

[RFC] Support intel_reqd_sub_group_size attribute

Eric Fiselier via cfe-dev

Hi Anastasia,

We are now enabling some Intel OpenCL extension and find in extension cl_intel_required_subgroup_size (https://www.khronos.org/registry/OpenCL/extensions/intel/cl_intel_required_subgroup_size.txt) has an attribute intel_reqd_sub_group_size that is very useful for intel subgroup usage and does not supported by clang now. And I want to send a patch to enable it, what do you think about this?

Thanks

Xiuli

Re: [RFC] Support intel_reqd_sub_group_size attribute

Eric Fiselier via cfe-dev

Hi Xiuli,

This looks like a simple attribute to parse, __attribute__((intel_reqd_sub_group_size(<int>))), and I don't see why this would be controversial. I recommend just sending a patch for review.

 -Hal

On 02/28/2017 12:55 AM, Pan Xiuli via cfe-dev wrote:

Hi Anastasia,

We are now enabling some Intel OpenCL extension and find in extension cl_intel_required_subgroup_size (https://www.khronos.org/registry/OpenCL/extensions/intel/cl_intel_required_subgroup_size.txt) has an attribute intel_reqd_sub_group_size that is very useful for intel subgroup usage and does not supported by clang now. And I want to send a patch to enable it, what do you think about this?

Thanks

Xiuli

Hal Finkel
Leadership Computing Facility
Argonne National Laboratory

On 03/09/2017 09:44 AM, Hal Finkel via cfe-dev wrote:

Hi Xiuli,

This looks like a simple attribute to parse, __attribute__((intel_reqd_sub_group_size(<int>))), and I don't see why this would be controversial. I recommend just sending a patch for review.

I'm assuming that you're just going to emit corresponding kernel metadata. If the handling will be more involved than that, then it might be worth discussing beforehand.

 -Hal

[...]

Sure, feel free to create the review.

Sorry for delay, I missed that somehow! L

Anastasia

Re: [RFC] Support intel_reqd_sub_group_size attribute

Eric Fiselier via cfe-dev

Hi,

It just a simple metadata, and I will create review soon.

Thanks

Xiuli