[RFC] Easier source-to-source transformations with clang tooling

[RFC] Easier source-to-source transformations with clang tooling

Oleg Smolsky via cfe-dev
Hi all,

I have a proposal for a framework that makes it easier to write source to source transformations with the clang::Tooling libraries, including clang-tidy checks.

The full proposal is in this doc:

From the doc:
Transformer is a framework that aims to simplify development of clang-based source-to-source transformations.  It focuses on the particular class of transformations that act only locally — that is, use local information about the code and make local changes  (like a syntax-aware “find-and-replace”); and at scale — that is, will be carried out on many source files.  The target audience is users that are comfortable with, or willing to become comfortable with, the clang AST matchers library.

I have a working prototype of this library which I've used on small examples inside Google.  I plan to put together a patch for reference next week, although the doc should stand on its own.

Thanks!
Yitzhak Mandelbaum

smime.p7s (6K) Download Attachment