[RC3] FreeBSD status.

arrowdodger
Hello. I've built and `make chech-all` rc3 tarballs using CMake build on FreeBSD 8-STABLE system. Here are results:

Failing Tests (10):
    Clang :: Index/crash-recovery-code-complete.c
    Clang :: Index/crash-recovery-reparse.c
    Clang :: Index/crash-recovery.c
    LLVM :: BugPoint/crash-narrowfunctiontest.ll
    LLVM :: BugPoint/metadata.ll
    LLVM :: BugPoint/remove_arguments_test.ll
    LLVM :: Feature/load_module.ll
    LLVM-Unit :: ExecutionEngine/JIT/Release/JITTests/JITTest.AvailableExternallyFunctionIsntCompiled
    LLVM-Unit :: ExecutionEngine/JIT/Release/JITTests/JITTest.AvailableExternallyGlobalIsntEmitted
    LLVM-Unit :: ExecutionEngine/JIT/Release/JITTests/LazyLoadedJITTest.MaterializableAvailableExternallyFunctionIsntCompiled

  Expected Passes    : 8136
  Expected Failures  : 68
  Unsupported Tests  : 542
  Unexpected Failures: 10

Following tests have failed because of -load command-line option:
LLVM :: BugPoint/metadata.ll
LLVM :: BugPoint/crash-narrowfunctiontest.ll
LLVM :: BugPoint/remove_arguments_test.ll
LLVM :: Feature/load_module.ll

And here is stdout:
Error opening '/home/arr/projects/llvm/llvm-2.9rc3/build/lib/./BugpointPasses.so': /home/arr/projects/llvm/llvm-2.9rc3/build/lib/./BugpointPasses.so: Undefined symbol "_ZNK4llvm4Pass11getPassNameEv"
  -load request ignored.

Following tests:
LLVM-Unit :: ExecutionEngine/JIT/Release/JITTests/JITTest.AvailableExternallyFunctionIsntCompiled
LLVM-Unit :: ExecutionEngine/JIT/Release/JITTests/JITTest.AvailableExternallyGlobalIsntEmitted
LLVM-Unit :: ExecutionEngine/JIT/Release/JITTests/LazyLoadedJITTest.MaterializableAvailableExternallyFunctionIsntCompiled
have failed because of JIT have failed to resolve external symbols 'JITTest_AvailableExternallyGlobal' and 'JITTest_AvailableExternallyFunction'

Finally, clang tests failed with simply "Exit Code: 1" line.

I would be glad to provide additional info, if needed.

Re: [RC3] FreeBSD status.

Dimitry Andric
On 2011-03-28 15:00, arrowdodger wrote:
> Hello. I've built and `make chech-all` rc3 tarballs using CMake build on
> FreeBSD 8-STABLE system. Here are results:
>
> Failing Tests (10):
>      Clang :: Index/crash-recovery-code-complete.c
>      Clang :: Index/crash-recovery-reparse.c
>      Clang :: Index/crash-recovery.c

These failures are caused by some weird problem with signal handling in
multithreaded Python processes on FreeBSD.  If you run the Clang tests
single-threaded (e.g. with TESTARGS="-j1"), these particular tests will
succeed.

>      LLVM :: BugPoint/crash-narrowfunctiontest.ll
>      LLVM :: BugPoint/metadata.ll
>      LLVM :: BugPoint/remove_arguments_test.ll
>      LLVM :: Feature/load_module.ll
>      LLVM-Unit ::
> ExecutionEngine/JIT/Release/JITTests/JITTest.AvailableExternallyFunctionIsntCompiled
>      LLVM-Unit ::
> ExecutionEngine/JIT/Release/JITTests/JITTest.AvailableExternallyGlobalIsntEmitted
>      LLVM-Unit ::
> ExecutionEngine/JIT/Release/JITTests/LazyLoadedJITTest.MaterializableAvailableExternallyFunctionIsntCompiled

I don't see these failures here, at least on FreeBSD 9.0-current...