Parsing Objective-J

Vincent R.
Hi,

I would like to parse some files written in Objective-J to do some
source transformation and I have several choices :

1- JavaCC
2- Antlr
3- Modify clang to parse it

I have grammar for 1) and 2) and I am wondering if 3) would be an
alternative.

Re: Parsing Objective-J

Ted Kremenek
Modifying Clang to support Objective-J doesn't make much sense.  The basis of that language is inherently Javascript, not C.  While there are syntactic similarities, they are very different from a language perspective.  You could potentially reuse pieces of Clang, such as the lexer, but the semantic analysis, parsing, and ASTs, are very specific to C, C++, and Objective-C.