Miscompiled C++ code? _Unwind_Resume_or_Rethrow

Miscompiled C++ code? _Unwind_Resume_or_Rethrow

Sean McBride
Hi all,

A large open source C++ project I work with has just recently become
compilable by clang++ (trunk).  It builds with many other compilers on
many OSes.  However, the result seems broken.  Fully half of the unit
tests crash when run.  This is not the case elsewhere.

The backtrace (on Mac OS BTW) always shows one or more threads in
_Unwind_Resume_or_Rethrow, and one of those threads is the one that's crashed.

Is that a clue?  Assuming yes :), any advice on narrowing this down?

Re: Miscompiled C++ code? _Unwind_Resume_or_Rethrow

John McCall
On Dec 16, 2010, at 2:48 PM, Sean McBride wrote:
> A large open source C++ project I work with has just recently become
> compilable by clang++ (trunk).  It builds with many other compilers on
> many OSes.  However, the result seems broken.  Fully half of the unit
> tests crash when run.  This is not the case elsewhere.
>
> The backtrace (on Mac OS BTW) always shows one or more threads in
> _Unwind_Resume_or_Rethrow, and one of those threads is the one that's crashed.
>
> Is that a clue?  Assuming yes :), any advice on narrowing this down?

This could be one of several different things;  it is probably at least
related to PR8098, if not necessarily a dupe.

John.