Location of clang binary

Fangrui Song via cfe-dev
I have built llvm and clang debug mode from source on Ubuntu 18.04
https://clang.llvm.org/get_started.html#build

According to
I need to add the clang to path and locations of scan-build and scan-view to path.

I can't find any of them
What is their location?

Re: Location of clang binary

Fangrui Song via cfe-dev
I added to path but the commands(scan-build, scan-view) are not working

image.png

On Fri, Mar 27, 2020 at 9:19 PM Denis Petrov <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi, Suyash

scan-buildscan-view and clang should be in <path to llvm sources>/llvm-project/build/bin after

 you successfully​ built sources.

I've put this path to PATH and it works for me.

Good luck!

Denys Petrov
Senior С++ Developer | Kharkiv, Ukraine

Re: Location of clang binary

Fangrui Song via cfe-dev
What is PATH set to?

You can do

echo $PATH

To find out

Re: Location of clang binary

Fangrui Song via cfe-dev
Hi Suyash,

Looking at the screenshot you've attached, it looks like you've added the commands themselves to your PATH, not the bin folder. If you add the bin folder instead it should work.

Simon

On Fri, Mar 27, 2020 at 6:14 PM suyash singh via cfe-dev <[hidden email]> wrote:
I added to path but the commands(scan-build, scan-view) are not working

image.png

On Fri, Mar 27, 2020 at 9:19 PM Denis Petrov <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi, Suyash

scan-buildscan-view and clang should be in <path to llvm sources>/llvm-project/build/bin after

 you successfully​ built sources.

I've put this path to PATH and it works for me.

Good luck!

Denys Petrov
Senior С++ Developer | Kharkiv, Ukraine

Re: Location of clang binary