LLVM SVN Repository Offline for Maintenance Tomorrow

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

LLVM SVN Repository Offline for Maintenance Tomorrow

John Criswell-2
Dear LLVMers and Clangers,

We'll be doing some maintenance on the LLVM repository on Tuesday, Sept.
14 (tomorrow).  There were some files committed to the repository that
we believe need to be removed from both mainline, the branches, and the
revision history.

The SVN repository will go *off-line* at 7:00 am Central Daylight
Savings time on Tuesday.  Please do not make any commits after 7 am.  I
estimate the process will take 4-5 hours to complete.

All SVN services (including those for Clang, VMKit, Klee, SAFECode,
Poolalloc, and a host of others) will be unavailable.  Other LLVM
services (such as the web server) may go offline as well, although I
will try to keep them online if I can do so easily.  Mailing lists will
remain available throughout the procedure as they are not hosted on
llvm.org.

I will send email to llvmdev when the repository is back online.

I apologize for the inconvenience, but there's not much I can do about
it.  If it's any consolation, know that I will be inconvenienced just as
much as everyone else.

-- John T.

_______________________________________________
cfe-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/mailman/listinfo/cfe-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [LLVMdev] LLVM SVN Repository Offline for Maintenance Tomorrow

Rafael Espindola
> We'll be doing some maintenance on the LLVM repository on Tuesday, Sept.
> 14 (tomorrow).  There were some files committed to the repository that
> we believe need to be removed from both mainline, the branches, and the
> revision history.

Can someone familiar with git-svn confirm if the mirrors will have be
to recreated before they are useful again?

> -- John T.

Cheers,
--
Rafael Ávila de Espíndola

_______________________________________________
cfe-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/mailman/listinfo/cfe-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [LLVMdev] LLVM SVN Repository Offline for Maintenance Tomorrow

Anton Korobeynikov
Hello, Rafael

> Can someone familiar with git-svn confirm if the mirrors will have be
> to recreated before they are useful again?
It seems that repo.or.cz mirrors should be unaffected. Everything else
will depend on which mirrors you'll have.
We'll see.

--
With best regards, Anton Korobeynikov
Faculty of Mathematics and Mechanics, Saint Petersburg State University
_______________________________________________
cfe-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/mailman/listinfo/cfe-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [LLVMdev] LLVM SVN Repository Offline for Maintenance Tomorrow

John Criswell
In reply to this post by John Criswell-2
Dear All,

Just a reminder that the maintenance will be commencing now.

-- John T.

John Criswell wrote:

> Dear LLVMers and Clangers,
>
> We'll be doing some maintenance on the LLVM repository on Tuesday, Sept.
> 14 (tomorrow).  There were some files committed to the repository that
> we believe need to be removed from both mainline, the branches, and the
> revision history.
>
> The SVN repository will go *off-line* at 7:00 am Central Daylight
> Savings time on Tuesday.  Please do not make any commits after 7 am.  I
> estimate the process will take 4-5 hours to complete.
>
> All SVN services (including those for Clang, VMKit, Klee, SAFECode,
> Poolalloc, and a host of others) will be unavailable.  Other LLVM
> services (such as the web server) may go offline as well, although I
> will try to keep them online if I can do so easily.  Mailing lists will
> remain available throughout the procedure as they are not hosted on
> llvm.org.
>
> I will send email to llvmdev when the repository is back online.
>
> I apologize for the inconvenience, but there's not much I can do about
> it.  If it's any consolation, know that I will be inconvenienced just as
> much as everyone else.
>
> -- John T.
>
> _______________________________________________
> LLVM Developers mailing list
> [hidden email]         http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu
> http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/mailman/listinfo/llvmdev
>  

_______________________________________________
cfe-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/mailman/listinfo/cfe-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [LLVMdev] LLVM SVN Repository Offline for Maintenance Tomorrow

John Criswell-2
John Criswell wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> Just a reminder that the maintenance will be commencing now.
>  

Also, I managed to set things up so that you can use svn diff and svn up
but not svn commit (I basically disabled commit access for everyone for
the time being).

-- John T.

> -- John T.
>
> John Criswell wrote:
>  
>> Dear LLVMers and Clangers,
>>
>> We'll be doing some maintenance on the LLVM repository on Tuesday, Sept.
>> 14 (tomorrow).  There were some files committed to the repository that
>> we believe need to be removed from both mainline, the branches, and the
>> revision history.
>>
>> The SVN repository will go *off-line* at 7:00 am Central Daylight
>> Savings time on Tuesday.  Please do not make any commits after 7 am.  I
>> estimate the process will take 4-5 hours to complete.
>>
>> All SVN services (including those for Clang, VMKit, Klee, SAFECode,
>> Poolalloc, and a host of others) will be unavailable.  Other LLVM
>> services (such as the web server) may go offline as well, although I
>> will try to keep them online if I can do so easily.  Mailing lists will
>> remain available throughout the procedure as they are not hosted on
>> llvm.org.
>>
>> I will send email to llvmdev when the repository is back online.
>>
>> I apologize for the inconvenience, but there's not much I can do about
>> it.  If it's any consolation, know that I will be inconvenienced just as
>> much as everyone else.
>>
>> -- John T.
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> LLVM Developers mailing list
>> [hidden email]         http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu
>> http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/mailman/listinfo/llvmdev
>>  
>>    
>
> _______________________________________________
> LLVM Developers mailing list
> [hidden email]         http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu
> http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/mailman/listinfo/llvmdev
>  

_______________________________________________
cfe-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/mailman/listinfo/cfe-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [LLVMdev] LLVM SVN Repository Offline for Maintenance Tomorrow

John Criswell-2
Dear All,

I have some good news and some bad news.

The bad news is that my rebuild of the SVN repository hit a small snag.  
While I think I have it fixed, I don't think I'll have time to rebuild
it and test it before end of today, so I've enabled commit access again.

As a favor to me (and other admins that are starting to get involved),
please don't make any commits to test-suite in the next 48 hours.  A
change in the release_28 branch of test-suite caused the little hiccup
in my script.  Commits to anything else should be fine.

The good news is that the repositories are now open for commit.

I'll email llvmdev again if we attempt to do this a second time.

-- John T.

_______________________________________________
cfe-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/mailman/listinfo/cfe-dev