LLVM Release Schedules: 5.0.2, 6.0.1

Manuel Klimek via cfe-dev
Hi,

We don't normally do X.Y.2 releases, but there has been some interest in
getting a 5.0.2 release out with the Spectre mitigations included, so I
am proposing the following schedule for  a 5.0.2 release:

LLVM 5.0.2
  -rc1   Mon Mar 19
  -final Mon Mar 26

To keep things easy for testers, 5.0.2 will be for Spectre related fixes only
and won't be opened up for general bugs.

And here is the schedule for 6.0.1:
  - rc1  April 15
  - Merge Request Deadline May 18
  - rc2/Merge Deadline     May 25
  - Final June 8

Let me know what you think.

-Tom

Re: [Release-testers] LLVM Release Schedules: 5.0.2, 6.0.1

Manuel Klimek via cfe-dev

Le 14/03/2018 à 00:29, Tom Stellard via Release-testers a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> We don't normally do X.Y.2 releases, but there has been some interest in
> getting a 5.0.2 release out with the Spectre mitigations included, so I
> am proposing the following schedule for  a 5.0.2 release:
>
> LLVM 5.0.2
>   -rc1   Mon Mar 19
>   -final Mon Mar 26
>
> To keep things easy for testers, 5.0.2 will be for Spectre related fixes only
> and won't be opened up for general bugs.

What about the other projects? lldb, lld, etc. Are we going to do a
5.0.2 for them too?
Or it just LLVM & Clang?

Thanks,
Sylvestre

Re: [Release-testers] LLVM Release Schedules: 5.0.2, 6.0.1

Manuel Klimek via cfe-dev

Hi Tom,

I would be interested in getting my Spectre related patches for MIPSR2 into the 5.0.2 release.

I will be available for the 5.0.2 release testing.

Thanks,
Simon

Re: LLVM Release Schedules: 5.0.2, 6.0.1

Manuel Klimek via cfe-dev
On Wed, Mar 14, 2018 at 12:29 AM, Tom Stellard via cfe-dev
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We don't normally do X.Y.2 releases, but there has been some interest in
> getting a 5.0.2 release out with the Spectre mitigations included, so I
> am proposing the following schedule for  a 5.0.2 release:
>
> LLVM 5.0.2
>   -rc1   Mon Mar 19
>   -final Mon Mar 26
>
> To keep things easy for testers, 5.0.2 will be for Spectre related fixes only
> and won't be opened up for general bugs.
>
> And here is the schedule for 6.0.1:
>   - rc1  April 15
>   - Merge Request Deadline May 18
>   - rc2/Merge Deadline     May 25
>   - Final June 8
>
> Let me know what you think.

Sounds good to me. I'll do Windows testing and packaging as usual.

Cheers,
Hans

On 03/14/2018 12:56 AM, Sylvestre Ledru wrote:

> Le 14/03/2018 à 00:29, Tom Stellard via Release-testers a écrit :
>> Hi,
>>
>> We don't normally do X.Y.2 releases, but there has been some interest in
>> getting a 5.0.2 release out with the Spectre mitigations included, so I
>> am proposing the following schedule for  a 5.0.2 release:
>>
>> LLVM 5.0.2
>>   -rc1   Mon Mar 19
>>   -final Mon Mar 26
>>
>> To keep things easy for testers, 5.0.2 will be for Spectre related fixes only
>> and won't be opened up for general bugs.
>
> What about the other projects? lldb, lld, etc. Are we going to do a
> 5.0.2 for them too?
> Or it just LLVM & Clang?

There will be a 5.0.2 release for all projects to stay consistent.

-Tom

> Thanks,
> Sylvestre

Re: [Release-testers] LLVM Release Schedules: 5.0.2, 6.0.1

Manuel Klimek via cfe-dev
This includes libcxx and libcxxabi?

On 03/14/2018 07:23 AM, Franz Fehringer via cfe-dev wrote:
> This includes libcxx and libcxxabi?

Yes, it will.

-Tom