JDiff plugin suggestion

Tom Stellard via cfe-dev
It would be really nice if I could use the already very useful Jdiff
plugin to also do a diff on blocks of code rather than just on files. I
know I can copy the blocks of code to some empty file and save it under
a name in order to JDiff, but this is a PITA compared to the ability to
just highlight some code blocks and then ask JDiff to do a diff on them.
I have often wanted to diff some blocks of code, where just manually
looking at them to see the differences is much hard work. Since Dale
Anson, who appears to be the maintainer of JDiff, is pretty active in
JEdit, this message is directed mainly to him.

Has anyone else found the functionality I mention desirable ? Is there
another JEdit plugin that can do what I want ? Thanks for listening !
JEdit as always is great !

Re: JDiff plugin suggestion

Tom Stellard via cfe-dev
On 11/9/2019 12:17 PM, Edward Diener via cfe-dev wrote:

> It would be really nice if I could use the already very useful Jdiff
> plugin to also do a diff on blocks of code rather than just on files. I
> know I can copy the blocks of code to some empty file and save it under
> a name in order to JDiff, but this is a PITA compared to the ability to
> just highlight some code blocks and then ask JDiff to do a diff on them.
> I have often wanted to diff some blocks of code, where just manually
> looking at them to see the differences is much hard work. Since Dale
> Anson, who appears to be the maintainer of JDiff, is pretty active in
> JEdit, this message is directed mainly to him.
>
> Has anyone else found the functionality I mention desirable ? Is there
> another JEdit plugin that can do what I want ? Thanks for listening !
> JEdit as always is great !

Please ignore as I sent this message to the wrong mailing list.