Is -fstack-protector supported?

Jon Chesterfield via cfe-dev
Hi all,

Running "clang --help | grep stack-protector" suggests that clang does support -fstack-protector, but I find no mention of it here:

<https://clang.llvm.org/docs/UsersManual.html>

Is the flag supported and ignored for gcc compatibility, or does it work and is just not documented in the manual?

Assuming it is supported, does it catch anything that address sanitizer doesn't?

Thanks,

Sean