Invoking an external assembler in a pipe

Invoking an external assembler in a pipe

Tom Stellard via cfe-dev

A year or more ago I read somewhere that it was possible to invoke a non-integrate assemble tool to run in a pipe rather than as a separate tool run after the generation of the intermediate assembly file.

However, I can’t find where I came across this and I am wondering did I just imagine it, or does CLang support running an external assembler in this way, and if so how should I configure this in ‘Tools.cpp’?

Thanks,

            MartinO

Re: Invoking an external assembler in a pipe

Tom Stellard via cfe-dev
On 14 June 2017 at 07:54, Martin J. O'Riordan via cfe-dev
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> A year or more ago I read somewhere that it was possible to invoke a
> non-integrate assemble tool to run in a pipe rather than as a separate tool
> run after the generation of the intermediate assembly file.

Traditionally that's been the "-pipe" option, but I think Clang ignores it.

Tim.

Re: Invoking an external assembler in a pipe

Tom Stellard via cfe-dev
Thanks Tim, guess I was dreaming after all :-)

        MartinO