I would like to banish libc++'s <dynarray> implementation into "experimental"

I would like to banish libc++'s <dynarray> implementation into "experimental"

Marshall Clow
<dynarray> was added to the C++14 standard, libc++ implemented it, and then it was removed.

Now (from the standard’s point of view), it is in limbo.

I would like to move it into std/experimental; to make it clear that it’s not a part of the standard.

Any objections?
Anyone using it?

— Marshall

Re: I would like to banish libc++'s <dynarray> implementation into "experimental"

Chris Lattner

> On Feb 17, 2015, at 11:23 AM, Marshall Clow <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> <dynarray> was added to the C++14 standard, libc++ implemented it, and then it was removed.
>
> Now (from the standard’s point of view), it is in limbo.
>
> I would like to move it into std/experimental; to make it clear that it’s not a part of the standard.

Seems reasonable to me.

-Chris

Re: [LLVMdev] I would like to banish libc++'s <dynarray> implementation into "experimental"

Chandler Carruth

On Tue, Feb 17, 2015 at 11:23 AM, Marshall Clow <[hidden email]> wrote:
<dynarray> was added to the C++14 standard, libc++ implemented it, and then it was removed.

Now (from the standard’s point of view), it is in limbo.

I would like to move it into std/experimental; to make it clear that it’s not a part of the standard.

+1

On Feb 17, 2015, at 1:59 PM, Chandler Carruth <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Tue, Feb 17, 2015 at 11:23 AM, Marshall Clow <[hidden email]> wrote:
<dynarray> was added to the C++14 standard, libc++ implemented it, and then it was removed.

Now (from the standard’s point of view), it is in limbo.

I would like to move it into std/experimental; to make it clear that it’s not a part of the standard.

Done.

The namespace is std::experimental, the code is in the file std/experimental/dynarray (it was there already),
and the tests are in test/libcxx/experimental/containers/sequences/dynarray, rather than under test/std.

— Marshall