[GSoC] Is there a specified format for proposals?

[GSoC] Is there a specified format for proposals?

Dimitry Andric via cfe-dev
Hi everyone,
I would like to know whether for applying to LLVM in GSoC there is a specific format/template that is expected to be followed for writing the proposal?
Warm regards,
Deep

Re: [GSoC] Is there a specified format for proposals?

Dimitry Andric via cfe-dev
Hello

We impose no particular formal template for proposals. But we do
encourage you to provide as much information as possible:
  - Your background (e.g. any LLVM experience, compiler courses taken,
other OSS contributions, etc.)
  - You view of the project scope
  - Expected timeline / outcome
  - ...

On Sun, Mar 21, 2021 at 10:12 AM Deep Majumder via cfe-dev
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
> I would like to know whether for applying to LLVM in GSoC there is a specific format/template that is expected to be followed for writing the proposal?
> Warm regards,
> Deep

With best regards, Anton Korobeynikov
Department of Statistical Modelling, Saint Petersburg State University

Re: [GSoC] Is there a specified format for proposals?

Dimitry Andric via cfe-dev
Hi Deep,

I saw you're interested in the Clang Static Analyzer. Here are two successful proposals from the last two years that might inspire you: Kristof, Nithin.

Best,
Reka