Fix for clang-tidy to allow using -list-checks without positional parameters

Fix for clang-tidy to allow using -list-checks without positional parameters

don hinton
Hi:

This is a trivial fix, but I just wanted to start working with clang tooling and figured this was a good way to get my feet wet.

I've attached two patch files, one for clang::tooling::CommonOptionsParser which adds a new ctor taking an cl::NumOccurrences parameter for the SourcePaths option.   It defaults to current behavior, so users don't need to make any changes.

The second patch is for clangTidyMain.  It just adds a dummy file if pathlist is empty, and maintains all current logic.

thanks...
don

tooling.diff (3K) Download Attachment
clang-tidy.diff (1K) Download Attachment

Re: Fix for clang-tidy to allow using -list-checks without positional parameters

Gavin Cui via cfe-dev
Hi,

Thank you for the patches! I find it more convenient to review patches via Phabricator. If you don't mind, could you upload them as described here, put me to reviewers: and cfe-commits to subscribers? I'll take a look at the patches early next week.

Thanks!

-- Alex

On Sun, Aug 9, 2015 at 1:38 AM, don hinton <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi:

This is a trivial fix, but I just wanted to start working with clang tooling and figured this was a good way to get my feet wet.

I've attached two patch files, one for clang::tooling::CommonOptionsParser which adds a new ctor taking an cl::NumOccurrences parameter for the SourcePaths option.   It defaults to current behavior, so users don't need to make any changes.

The second patch is for clangTidyMain.  It just adds a dummy file if pathlist is empty, and maintains all current logic.

thanks...
don

Re: Fix for clang-tidy to allow using -list-checks without positional parameters

Gavin Cui via cfe-dev
Hi Alex:

Great, thanks.  I just setup phabricator and arcanist on my mac, so I'll build against the latest and push my diff later today.

Btw, since the patches are for 2 separate repos, clang and clang-extra, is there something special I need to do to indicate that relationship, i.e., the clang-extra diff depends on the clang diff.

thanks again...
don