FYI: Version number change

Daniel Dunbar
FYI, I am going to change the Clang version number to match whatever
the current LLVM version is. This seems to match what we have decided
to call the versions of Clang that go out with LLVM releases.

Previously, we had been setting the Clang version number to be
whatever Apple's Clang product version was, but it makes more sense
for the repo to be tied to the LLVM version by default, and have
vendors who want to brand their own Clang do that in their own build
system.

 - Daniel

Re: FYI: Version number change

Chris Lattner

On Jun 25, 2010, at 10:36 AM, Daniel Dunbar wrote:

> FYI, I am going to change the Clang version number to match whatever
> the current LLVM version is. This seems to match what we have decided
> to call the versions of Clang that go out with LLVM releases.
>
> Previously, we had been setting the Clang version number to be
> whatever Apple's Clang product version was, but it makes more sense
> for the repo to be tied to the LLVM version by default, and have
> vendors who want to brand their own Clang do that in their own build
> system.

Sounds great, thanks Daniel,

-Chris