FYI, I just posted an RFC on llvm-dev about moving to the new pass manager by default

FYI, I just posted an RFC on llvm-dev about moving to the new pass manager by default

Alex Denisov via cfe-dev
This switch would actually happen in Clang, although most of the impact is on LLVM itself (hence the llvm-dev posting). But I wanted to mention it to the Clang developers so folks are aware and encourage anyone with concerns to join that discussion:

(Or to leave comments and/or concerns here, I'm happy to respond in either place...)

Note that this would *not* remove the flag, so the old infrastructure would remain available and a flag away for some time.

-Chandler