FWD: Intel Atom, ICC, GCC, Clang

İsmail Dönmez
Runtime/Compilation speed comparison of clang, gcc, icc on Intel Atom.

P.S: Not my blog, just thought it would be interesting to share here.

Re: FWD: Intel Atom, ICC, GCC, Clang

Chris Lattner

On Sep 1, 2010, at 1:05 PM, İsmail Dönmez wrote:

Runtime/Compilation speed comparison of clang, gcc, icc on Intel Atom.

P.S: Not my blog, just thought it would be interesting to share here.

Yep, interesting results.  Atom is an in order chip, and llvm has no tuning for it, so it's not too surprising that llvm performance on atom isn't great.

-Chris