EuroLLVM: Birds of Feather Sessions Needed

EuroLLVM: Birds of Feather Sessions Needed

Louis Dionne via cfe-dev
We are looking for a few more Birds of Feather sessions for the 2018 Euro LLVM Developers’ Meeting in Bristol,UK to round out our program. If you are interested in organizing a BoF, please send email to [hidden email] with the title, speakers, and brief abstract. It would be very helpful to have proposals submitted by March 22nd so we can finalize the schedule.

Thanks,
Tanya Lattner

Re: EuroLLVM: Birds of Feather Sessions Needed

Louis Dionne via cfe-dev
I’ve been asked to explain a bit more. Birds of a Feather sessions are discussions led by 1 or more people on a specific topic. The presenter(s) typically provide a few slides to guide the discussion and someone takes notes. Anyone can attend a BoF and participate in the discussion. It is not meant to be a formal presentation where the audience just listens. BoFs usually have a goal such as brainstorming ideas to solve issues or plan future development.

As an example, at the last LLVM Developers’ Meeting in San Jose we had BoF sessions on:
Storing Clang data for IDEs and static analysis
Source-based Code Coverage BoF
Clang Static Analyzer BoF
Co-ordinating RISC-V development in LLVM
Thoughts and State for Representing Parallelism with Minimal IR Extensions in LLVM
BoF - Loop and Accelerator Compilation Using Integer Polyhedra
LLDB Future Directions
LLVM Foundation - Status and Involvement

I hope this information is useful.

Thanks,
Tanya